Spandex

GoldenMotor.com

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Whew!

Just the thought of spandex nearly drives me to drink!

I guess pedals are ok, in the absence of a motor... they're awful cheap to operate, and very reliable. Just as handy as sliced bread for a quick hop, nearby...

Well, C decided this bike needed to go further than a short jaunt.
To Istanbul.
Via Amsterdam!
lol
Really...
(here's a pic of it in my front room...)

So he tucked it in his baggage, flew it over the big puddle, and put it back together at the airport and is off on a trip across Europe.

WoW!

and no motor!

Amazing.
I couldn't even consider doing such a thing.
...and it's 30F in Amsterdam, today. Probably pretty much the same across much of northern Europe.
It's gonna be a tough road!
But he's got a plan, and is young enough, and tough enough to make it happen!
WoW!!!

rc

Attachments

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I trained in Colorado Springs at the OTC back in the winters of '79 and '80. The USCF had gotten this coach who had defected from Poland as the National Coach here- Eddy B.-you may or may not have heard of him- a lot of USCF would recognize the name.

Anyway Colorado Springs in the middle of winter wasn't the most optimum place to train, although it can snow 6 onches in the morning and melt away by afternoon, and it's a mile in altitude. so anyway, we did some road rides, and cyclocross in the compound, and cross country ski and the like- But Eddy was always saying- and the other riders started repeating it in his accent "In Poland, Minus fife is okay for cyclink"

Thefirst year my derailleurs were always freezing up in the ice and snow so the second year I took my Paramount track bike along and rode a lot on the fixed gear- which got pretty hairy a few times barrelling down the Rocky foothills on a fixed gear with only a front brake-

oopps! Song Time!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPk4EX2GDc0

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Whew!

...seems like C has contributed to the dutch oportunists and shall shortly be improving their economy by purchasing a new bike for his journey.

NOT good!
:-(
rc