Bogging at WOT

GoldenMotor.com

geoldr

Jun 19, 2011
California
hey guys, today I was riding my bike, and was gonna see how fast I can go at WOT. It held a steady 30 mph for about 30 seconds then started bogging.Not sure what caused this. About 5-10 minutes later I ran out of gas, but I don't think that's the issue. Maybe it is running too lean? My pin has 4 nothches, and it is two notches down.

droc089

Jun 25, 2011
ohio
idk the real problem, but you might have overheated it. I did this yesterday I believe and wasn't even WOT it. Is this a new motor or what?

geoldr

Jun 19, 2011
California
It's a new motor, this is the third tank of fuel in it. Running at 24:1 or 26:1 ration. Don't remember exactly which, and it was about 100 degrees outside, so it could have overheated, I don't know what these engines are like when they overheat. I haven't tried it yet, busy today, but tomorrow ill try it again after refueling.

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
Search the forum lots of posts related to this, I had the same problem, I moved the clip down on the needle and it went away. Your mix will also effect the needle adjustment, I run at about 30:1 the other day I stole some of my bro's chainsaw/weedwacker gas and I think it was a 16:1 mix, and I could tell a clip adjustment was in order, but I could not remember if I needed to go up or down, so I left it alone and put some of my mix back in and it ran fine.

But like I said there are some good posts on here about it. There was a realy good post I remember reading last year that explained the needle adjustment quite nicely and got into the intriguing details of how "oil mix" is directly related to the "air mix".