unClassic Christmas Carols

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Ever since junior high I've been kind of cynical about Christmas. I recall an 8th grade art class where we were to design our own greeting cards. I thought mine were pretty cool, but the art teacher did not agree. One said season's greetings on the outside and when you opened it up a fold up hand appeared flipping the bird. The other announced on the outside that there would be no Christmas. Opened up there was a coffin with an evergreen wreath on it and a statement under the coffin saying that Santa was dead. It had nice artwork, too. Ah well. About ten years ago I stopped going through the motions of Christmas except gifts for grandchildren. Now I do a pipe ceremony on the Solstice celebrating increasing light, incorporating the spiritual aspect of Christmas and skipping the commercial part. This year will be even more special with a lunar eclipse the night of the solstice. Pretty cool.
SB
SB

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
My daughter ran into that in art class a couple years ago or so ,the teacher told her her pic wasn't art,it a great pic ,kind of a alice in wonderland pic ,in my opinion ,well after a couple calls ,a meeting,and a refusal to apologize ,she took a forced vacation and didn't teach there any more,she was thought wrong even by the other teachers and board,,and the pic was entered and won second in a public judging

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
It's the same house, across from where I lived. This was 18 inches of flood back in 2005-
Then imagine the same house with SEVEN FEET of water- three quarters up that picture window, in the "100 Year Flood" the Summer of '08.

This man lost both legs to diabetes since.
We are not living in an amusement park, people.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Bought a card for my boss a couple of years ago:
Two houses, one with Santa on the roof, stepping into a chimney, on the other roof was a fiddler. The house Santa was on had a manorah in the front window, the one the fiddler was on had a Christmas tree. The two were looking at each other across the gap...My boss, a Jew, said it was the best Christmas/ Hanukkah card he'd ever recieved.
Tom

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Cool stories guys, SB, Corgi, Teachers have no sense of humour... They must take after Dad too much, heh heh. Don't let them take your humour to school, :D

here's my contribution... to 'different x-mas songs'
Sounds like Lee Emery singing:
YouTube - Grandma Got Remixed by a Reindeer

And now because I watched this and have it stuck in my head, you all get to have it stuck in your head too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7xjjlUbpJ4&feature=related Dang Hippopotomi !

D'oh, and now to keep with BA's theme, some Charlie Brown death metal christmas:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2P2k_mDEiU

Last edited: