no spark

GoldenMotor.com

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
a couple of days ago i was riding and the bike started running poorly boggy no power i thought i had carb trouble or dirty plug but that was fine noticed i had a lot of oil in clutch case seal worked it self loose reseated that now i lost spark cdireplaced still no spark plug is good wires good took look at magneto looks like it could be bad there is a small copper wire (single strand loose) does that need to be resoldered to the blue lead?? i would appreciate some feedback
glennbo(frankenstien)

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
Magneto/Stator wire windings should be one continuous loop with no breaks.

Could you take a picture of your mag with the loose wire ?

Last edited:

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
I had a similar spark problem and it turned out to be the magneto. If you have a continuity tester (most all cheap volt meters do) it will tell you if that is the problem. Mine turned out to be just a bad solder=easy fix but pulled a lot of hair to find it!

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
most voltage meters have a continuity function. Usualy looks like a speaker symbol " +))))) " but when you hold the two probes together the meter will chime indicating a complete circuit. So you put one probe on the blue wire then to the magnet (ground) and also with the other wires. I had another working magneto to compare my results to and that was a long time ago so I dont exactly remember but look near the coil (fine wire wrap) and find where the wire is soldered to the magnet- the body of the mag. Thats where mine was broken- poorly soldered

liukang1

Oct 14, 2010
Virginia
OK i looked closely and connected one lead from volt meter to blue wire coming from the mag and the other lead(red) to the mag it self, i noticed a it would not make a sound but i also noticed a small strand coming from the coil that is supposed to be solder to the corner of the mag structure and it was loose. I am currently getting to spark and this might be the fix. i will let you know if it works.