got it workin but have problems

GoldenMotor.com

smileymale

Jul 18, 2010
oshawa
Ok well i got my motor going but my problem is it turns off when i try to idle also only way i can peddle my bike if i hold the clutch lever all the way because the lock dont hold it enough

Mind_Reader7

May 1, 2010
Northam, Western Australia.
If it shuts off when you idle, you need to shorten the throttle cable. You can do this by playing with the nuts on the end of the throttle cables etc.

If your clutch cable is too loose, where the wire ends and it has the little screw/nut thing, loosen that up, slide it up more, then retighten it.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Turn the idle screw in a few turns until it idles steady.

Try screwing the adjuster nut on the handle out some and if that doesn't work you'll have to slide the cable lock up the cable a little bit.
Adjusting the clutch can be done without the motor running. Make your adjustments, lock the clutch handle and see if the bike will roll freely then pop the clutch and make sure the clutch still grabs and locks up the tire when you try to roll the bike.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Yes, and remember...what the instructions call a "mixture screw" is really the "idle speed adjustment screw". Turn it clock-wise to raise your idle.

Dougan

Apr 5, 2010
wisconsin
If your build is anything like mine, you will have to adjust that clutch wire every tank or so for the first few tanks and even now and then after. The wire stretches, I think, and the inside arm wears down slightly which means that it needs attention often. Luckily, it's just a periodic annoyance with a quick fix-- not a show stopper.