clutch release pin

GoldenMotor.com

ex-28

May 23, 2010
winnipeg, Manitoba
hi all had engine running on my bike for just under a month now, but the pin on the clutch lever broke on mine , the end of it has a small washer on the bottom thats connected to the end of it , thats the part that was lost while riding it broke off , now my pin for the clutch lever is verry hard to use i have to fight to get it back in the hole each time as it's a little short and pop out the hole while riding , is there anything i can make or do to replace the clutch lever loking pin without replacing the whole lever ? its the silver pin you press when you engage and disengage the clutch lever.

Cheers!

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I know that another can be made...heck they made the first one. Thinking a aluminum rivet, the kind that doesn't have a hole, or maybe even one that does. My question would it be worth the time looking for what you need and fabricating it vrs buying a complete handle...I'd opt for the fix but I don't know what your abilities and tool access are.

The pin would have to look something like this.....

Last edited:

ex-28

May 23, 2010
winnipeg, Manitoba
i have a rivet gun here , but not sure what kind you mean that doesnt have a hole , for now i squeezed the of that was left sticking out the end and soldered on a small washer , it seems to be doing ok for now , till it pops off agian )

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
i have a rivet gun here , but not sure what kind you mean that doesnt have a hole , for now i squeezed the of that was left sticking out the end and soldered on a small washer , it seems to be doing ok for now , till it pops off agian )
Did a drawing...trying to resize picture so I can post.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I know that another can be made...heck they made the first one. Thinking a aluminum rivet, the kind that doesn't have a hole, or maybe even one that does. My question would it be worth the time looking for what you need and fabricating it vrs buying a complete handle...I'd opt for the fix but I don't know what your abilities and tool access are.
The pin would have to look something like this.....

Attachments

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Went to look at mine and the bottom of the pin is braded over, and has no washer.

Something like this, but with the extension on the drawing above. The rivet would have to be long enough that you could file the bottom section smaller then the origional shaft..

I just reread your post...the only thing you lost was the washer?? I thought you had lost the pin and spring,

Attachments

Last edited: