Woody GT-2 Update

GoldenMotor.com

2dawgs

Feb 15, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
Yes, I sealed the tank with POR-15 and added a glass in-line filter. The tank already came with a cap & bung setup; just added some chrome bits.

AzToker

Feb 28, 2010
Too Stoned, Az
Wow, the wood fenders looks awesome on there. I really like the bike! Good work. I can't wait to pick up one in few weeks. Are you using the wide pedal kit?

2dawgs

Feb 15, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
The guys at USA Bikes advised against it (was going to use a 4 Stroker); said the pedal clearance wasn't sufficient. With 2 stroke you have plenty of clearance.

The 3 piece cranksets that come with the 4 stroke kits do the job well; used it on my Felt MP.

Let me know how you like the GT2; the double wall wheels & Grubee HD Axle kit are worth the price of the whole bike, the frame is icing on the cake. The only negative is you ride high in the saddle ([I am 6'], which can be rectified by putting a smaller rim on the rear & a fat 3" tire (motorcycles have this setup).

2dawgs

Feb 15, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
The fuel tank was stock inframe; I just added the chrome embellishments.

Yes, that's Cody's fine craftsmanship and was the basis for building this bike.

PutsTheDUIinRUINED

Oct 17, 2009
'zona
Yes, that's Cody's fine craftsmanship and was the basis for building this bike.

Haha, well that's pretty rad. I checked out his website and the first thing I thought of was, "I need to find something to put those on." I'd like to use either a Felt Chief or a 1903 with a pair of Cody's fenders. I'll see what happens...

Awesome bike, by the way.

2dawgs

Feb 15, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
A Felt Chief or 1903 would definitely do those fenders justice; wish I had chose the 1903 over the MP since Jim has to make a special adapter/sprocket setup. As you know the Chief or 1903 will work with Jim's existing stock setup.

Can't wait to see your build. Good Hunting.

AzToker

Feb 28, 2010
Too Stoned, Az
Thanks for sharing the wide pedal info. Not sure what i am going to do with it. I really like the frame more than anything. Already see i am going to have to change out the front wheel and put disc brake on it. I have been really enjoying my tricycle, so i might go ahead n build the gt2 to be a trike. With 26 in front and 24 in rear with 3 inch tires. I really like to slap the 24x4 from chopper us but 149 per wheel w/o tire is alot lol. also wanted to try n put a 3 speed gear kit with the trike kit. Sooo many choices and soo little of money :) Again thanks for sharing that info.

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
hi az toker i have trhe same set up i have 26 inch onthe front and 24 inch on the back i really like my trike i am thinking about a changing motor to a 4 stroke i have disk brake on the rear and regular brakes on the front here are some pics of my bike is 1950-1960 monterey murray cruiser usa bike motors built it for me i had it about a month and really like getting that look once i get some money together i am going to buy a 4 stroke kit

Attachments

2dawgs

Feb 15, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
CityofAngels,

Your trike setup is sweet; a four stroke will definitely be a nice addition. What 4 stroke kit are you thinking about?

2dawgs

Feb 15, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
AZ Bill,

Thanks for the kind words; coming from the guy with one of the nicest stretch cruisers around.

Still hoping to get up your way for a cruise before the 110 degree days.