new pictures of my delmar

GoldenMotor.com

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
I finally took my bike outside and used a digital camera to take some real good pictues.
Frame is a 2009 26" Gloss black Scwhinn del mar cruiser single speed.
Wheels and tires are black and from a roadmaster mountain bike.
Engine is from gasbike.net, its a 2009 48cc Starfire gt-2 grubee with dualstart and dualclutch. Front fender has been replaced with a modified plastic one from a roadbike.
Peddals,short cranks and front engine mount are from a exercise bike.

Attachments

Last edited:

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
I just ordered some new side pull caliper brakes. comes with brake lever,cable and 2 bolts so one can mount it on the front or back fork, im going to put it on the front fork, it should arrive tuesday,cost me $10 plus $11 2-day shipping.

Attachments

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
The bins cost me $2.50 a piece and hold either 2 2-liter bottles of soda or 1 12-pack in each one or 1 bag of grocerys each. I made a few pin holes to use plastic ties to hold them on,they work great and i was able to get black ones to match the bike.

I have a 18v rechargable battery(from a cordless hedge trimmer) to power my lights,Cost me $54 from walmart and it came with a 1hr quick charger.I cut off the handle on the hedge trimmer and mounted it on the bike frame under the seat to hold the battery.I added a house fan switch and a fuse(i forget how many amps) from radio shack.

The front headlight is a 12v emergency car light which has 3 leds with high and low beam and swivels up or down,very bright and handles 18volts,came from walmart for $5.

The rear taillight is a red dome 12v trailer light,$6 from napa,i added a second bulb hooked to the first one to = 24volts so it could handle the 18volts,also very bright. I will replace this light with one like the front headlight and just adda red dome to it.

Last edited:

macattie88

Dec 2, 2009
columbia sc
looks awesome...i have the silver and i just recently bought a blue delmar and replaced the rear hub with schimano cb 110 for more reliabilty....i have jims adapter in my hand and waiting for my pk80 to finish up.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
My front brakes arrived and i put them on front,there awsome. I took the old front ones and put them on the rear and they fit better on the rear.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
I removed the 2 plastic bins from the rear of bike rack and added a single black plastic milkcrate on the top of rear bike rack.
Front headlight remounted and wrapped with black tape.
Gastank relocated to top front bar.
Engine remounted and tilted forward to level carb more.

Last edited:

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
How is that rear rack holding up ?? I just ordered one, Im replacing just about everything on it except the frame and rack,ordered a Monarch fork, adding disc brakes, and gears, got a cool 70's chrome stem shifter last month on e-bay.
Cheers
Chainmaker

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Very nice, CF,
I looked at a Delmar yesterday when I was in Wally World. It's a good looking bike. If I was in need of another one I'd have to consider it. You've done a good job on yours and from what I've read you put a lot of miles on it. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy, ride safe.
Tom

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
Thanks 2door and chainmaker my rear rack is holding up great, and i carry a lot of weight in my baskets when coming back from the store, i can't believe the rear rack shows no sign of wearing or bending. I think im at 1,400miles now.

But today when coming back from the store, i think my front wheel is wobbling and it may be bent, i might have to swap it out and put my cruiser wheel back on the front.

I swapped out my front wheel and everything is good now and went for a ride.

Last edited:

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
I was finally pull over, and ticketed.
Will be removing gas engine kit from bike.

I tryed the pedaling, not much luck there.
Going to sell my gas engine kit to raise money to turn my bike into electric.

Last edited: