snake racing pipe

GoldenMotor.com

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
Ive been at this for almost 2 years now, playing with these 2 strokes, and after buying more and more performance parts i finally talked myself and dave rust into getting me the snake racing pipe.

My bike is a diamondback sorrento modified with 26 x 2.4 cst cyclops tire on front and a single speed 20 2.125 bmx tire on back
32 tooth sprocket on the 20" wheel
engine specs are as follows:
dax balanced bottom end(was balanced now i dont know)
stage 2 crmachine cylinder, modified piston per crmachine, 7cc cr machine head

power plenum intake
rt carburetor with 72 jet
hd lightining cdi
and the star of the show...
the ARROW MODIFIED SNAKE RACING PIPE

let me just say that i had all of this stuff minus the pipe up until yesterday and could really only get the bike to go about 30 and it took its time getting there
the boygoesfast banana pipe with a 3/4 lawnmower muffler had a pretty loud but unappealing exhaust note and honestly most of the time i was riding id rather just shut the engine off it was loud slow and obnoxious

in comes the racing pipe and its like... everything is better. The bottom end is predicably sluggish, but that is due to my gearing as soon as the pipe comes on it really surges, you can feel the front go light for a second and with my current carb/jetting its topping out at 43 mph.

I wish i would have bought this long long ago because this is the only bolt on ive found that really transforms your engine characteristics dramatically. Im not sure if the previous exhaust was so bad and this is so good but the results were amazing.

The exhaust note is awesome too. Its very quiet but sounds like a kart exhaust no chainsaw or lawnmower noise

This pipe is huge, and i dont have it mounted how I would like, i have it held on with the springs, and zip tied to the frame, Im thinking ill go buy some metal zip ties this afternoon but ive never had any problems with zip ties in the exhaust before, it doesnt get that hot except at the header

A little girl was watching me as i got it fired up and when i went to do the first pull, i got wide eyed and a little scared and the girl mirrored my expression. When i came back i had a huge grin on my face and she had gotten her brother and they were both watching and listening to the bike as i flew by.

Reactions: TheSignGuy

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
I've been wanting one of those but looking at the pictures, it doesnt come with a manifold of any kind. Exactly what do you use? Do you have to weld one together yourself?

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
^ buy that pipe, and you can cut it to fit around your block yourself, weld the extension yourself, open it up by the header yourself, and we can race, see whose pipe is more effective. I'm pretty sure no matter who sells it, from stock form it HAS to be modified. They arent made for our engines.

HackD

Oct 25, 2014
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the reporting so far - i actually found this in a search after i hit the 'Order!' button on this pipe (GT2A selected) and magical things happened to my VISA from afar.

Bit of a risk-gamble on my part, but i'm looking at it for sound-altering/deadening properties more so than performance. Size and length can be dealt with.

I saw the $40.00 ebay option - while tempting - with the hassle of finding and bringing into the project a Welder to do the necessary re-work to my satisfaction, and not owning a mig/tig of my own at this time.. that is the price of near ready-made. I've had aftermarket motorcycle exhausts in the past that cost nearly 10x this snake pipe setup :/

lewdog7431

Feb 13, 2019
that looks hella wicked for a motorcycle but the mod it's like dam not a bolt on, but it does look cool