4 stroke advise

GoldenMotor.com

Jeremy

Mar 19, 2012
Garden City, Kansas
I have had for a while a 2 stroke bicycle engine and the engine is going dead and I want to now since I have the funds to purchas s four stroke kit but 4 strokes are new to me I need help to decide which kits are the best and were to get it at. Also would like any great pointers you guys would like to provide to help it last as long as possible. And just some heads up, ect.

Thanks,
Jeremy Boyll

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I have had for a while a 2 stroke bicycle engine and the engine is going dead and I want to now since I have the funds to purchas s four stroke kit but 4 strokes are new to me I need help to decide which kits are the best and were to get it at. Also would like any great pointers you guys would like to provide to help it last as long as possible. And just some heads up, ect.

Thanks,
Jeremy Boyll
The new shipment of Grubee 4G gearbox equipped kits is the best bang
for the buck and Bicycle Engines is a good company to deal with.

http://www.bicycle-engines.com/49cc-4G-T-Belt-Drive-Complete-Gas-Powered-Engine-Kit.html

Don't be tempted by slightly cheaper 4 stroke kits because they have
inferior gearboxes even though they use the same hausheng engine or
the engine differs in the shaft output and will limit you in future upgrades.

A lot of reading in the 4 stroke forum will give you the pointers. :)

Pedalman

Aug 27, 2009
IL
The new shipment of Grubee 4G gearbox equipped kits is the best bang
for the buck and Bicycle Engines is a good company to deal with.

http://www.bicycle-engines.com/49cc-4G-T-Belt-Drive-Complete-Gas-Powered-Engine-Kit.html

Don't be tempted by slightly cheaper 4 stroke kits because they have
inferior gearboxes even though they use the same hausheng engine or
the engine differs in the shaft output and will limit you in future upgrades.

A lot of reading in the 4 stroke forum will give you the pointers. :)
Will it(kit w/o engine) work and fit the HF 79cc engine? Or lot of modifications necessary?

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I've had extremely good luck with the 4-stroke 'double roller chain' gear boxes!
The only thing that I don't like is the very low gearing of the stock rear sprocket; so I'm installing smaller 36t sprockets on all of my 4-stroke Isla Vista bikes these days for better street speeds. ;)

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Will it(kit w/o engine) work and fit the HF 79cc engine? Or lot of modifications necessary?
The HF79 has a much different bolt pattern and the 4G is not easy (or even practical) to adapt to it.
Also, the kit motor mount would need to be redrilled for the HF pattern and the kit cranks would not likely clear the engine.

If you need a decent tranny for the HF79, AGK's jackshaft would work nicely; for a little more money so would a Q-matic.