indonesian ingenuity

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
That's really sad. I wonder if the guy ever pulled the magneto cover off and looked at the diameter of the crankshaft on that side. One thing for sure; he can't get it off now :)
Tom

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
It will come prolly off the same way he put it on, with the same nut that holds the magnet rotor on.
Not a bad idea really, just crudely implemented.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I like that kind of thing,
Once back in the day, an air force officer took a nut from a RF101 Recon jet to a machine shop in the local town. The nut had a crack, so he was told to get a new on made at the local machine shop, to save time and support the local economy.

So he demanded that the man make a nut the same,same, He was very insistent, So when he came back of course the net nut had a crack in exactly the same place. Never under estimate the skill of the indigenous people or the arrogance of the American military,

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
I mean, I think it's clever, but it's not pretty if you're going for that. Also, I see ripping my leg or pants off lol :D

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
One second you are riding down the road proudly, the next minute your face turns bright red as your calvin kleins are exposed for all to see :D

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
I have an even better idea, weld a lever to that pulley and then kick it to start it rotfl good luck not dying if you do that rotfl

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
rotfl. I suppose if you were really brave you could put a nut there and then make a kickstart with a rachet. It would work in theory. And then people wouldn't be able to do it when you leave because you could take the wrench with you.

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Rope start used to be a norm when I was a kid. Started all lawnmowers and any small engine with rope start. Had a factory pulley with a notch so the rope would come out easily. Started my uncles motorbike that way. Yup, recoil starters were sent from god when the hit the scene.