odd new clutch

GoldenMotor.com

peppers

Jul 21, 2010
everywhere
I am mounting a new engine on my bike , its goin smooth and I'm almost done but there is one problem.

The new clutch is differint, there is no screw or screw hole for screwing down the clutch cable and I cannot figure out how to attach it to the engine, attached are pictures.

How do I finish this up? I would like to go for a ride, thanks.

Attachments

Last edited:

peppers

Jul 21, 2010
everywhere
don't got one of them, just bought the engine to replace old one can I get at auto zone or something?

for the time being I am using my old clutch plate

edit: nevermind I found me one, thanks

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
don't got one of them, just bought the engine to replace old one can I get at auto zone or something?

for the time being I am using my old clutch plate

edit: nevermind I found me one, thanks
Glad you found it :)

For future reference... yes you can get them at autozone, home depot, ace hardware ect.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Hobby shops that deal in model airplanes can help you too. Ask for a 1/16" Wheel Collar. They are made to hold the wheels on planes. The clutch cable is 1/16" and the collars will work great. Another thought; why not use the one from your old engine? They're all the same.
Tom

peppers

Jul 21, 2010
everywhere
I guess I could have used the old clutch arm but I like the looks of the new one better and I knew there was some way to attach it so I might as well find out how to do it.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I guess I could have used the old clutch arm but I like the looks of the new one better and I knew there was some way to attach it so I might as well find out how to do it.
I wasn't talking about the whole arm...just the cable stop. There must have been one on your original installation...why not use it?
Tom

peppers

Jul 21, 2010
everywhere
The old clutch arm had a screw on the top, in order to hold the cable in place you just tightened it. There was no separate cable stop.

Last edited: