The Russian engines D-4,D-5,D-6,D-8. History.

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
My niece {brothers daughter} spent a month in Cuba 2 years ago. Loved going there.
Told me about the motor bikes that were every where.

Being from Canada we have no restrictions for travel. Wonder if you can bring a Chinese motor with you?

Steve.

Last edited:

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Dan, yes we can go any time we want. A lot of Canadian tourist there all year around. Shame the US keeps you folks from going though my neice said that she saw a lot of Americans there.
They come through Canada and Cuba stamps thier passport with a stamp that has nothing to do with Cuba.
A lot said they just claimed thier passport was lost and got another one without the stamp but that is stopped now.

Don't know how the Cuban government would feel about someone bringing an engine in but I'm sure it would not be with open arms. If they did, there wouldn't be a shortage of them.

Melissa said she stayed with an elderly lady who rented rooms with meals and since the kid speaks good Spanish she fit in quite well. She toured the island and was impress by the island and the people.

Have to see if anyone can tell us if they can brought in.

Steve.

alainfreyre

Nov 3, 2009
cuba
Dagger, when i went home yesterday i prepare this other photos of my other MB.I am aircraft engineer,32 years old and a fan of the MB , the sound is unique , economic and easy to built, but in my country have a vehicle like this is more than a hobby than a necesity for transportation.Cause many people here don´t have the skill or the resources to make a fine and secure ride then the nick name RIQUIMBILY appears in ours ways to name this tipe of Mb.Is strictly forbiden by the police but i take the chance and on 3 years i desing and built 3 MB using different frames and the same engine riga13D8¡¡The one and only i have¡¡ My mom says that i cuold make a toster fly if i have the chance.

I hope some day whe could make a fine ride on my city, thanck for the support.

Any way i hope you enjoy it the same i do.

´´One small steep for man a big one for main kind´´

Attachments

Dagger

Mar 13, 2009
Russia Moscow
Great to see you Dagger. Was on the phone the other day with some one from here and asked if you still visited..
Hi Dan! I happen often here at forum. But I do not write, because I do not know technical terms in English.

((((

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Hi Dan! I happen often here at forum. But I do not write, because I do not know technical terms in English.

((((
I think your English is quite good. Why not give it a try and if we don't understand at first, eventually we will. Plus, you get to practice your English. Actually some of us here could use more practice with our English, too. Ha!
SB

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

((((
Sir, You type, write and speak in often, you are enjoyed! (The little stuff, not a big deal!)

Side note, folks who's first language is not English, we need to say "No problem and can understand you" About the fun and the build. If we all can get past the language and culture, we all benefit. My Spanish is really bad. I try but it is not good. I want to visit Cuba just to see the MBs. I am brushing up! (Ultro moss cervesia, polfarvor) Told ya it was no Buenos. snork

Never, never any one think you are not welcome or well regarded here due to a language thing. I will personally make fun of you for so many other things aside from that. (kidding!) Speak freely, you are among friends!

You are in the company of friends. (and truly insane folks)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I think your English is quite good. Why not give it a try and if we don't understand at first, eventually we will. Plus, you get to practice your English. Actually some of us here could use more practice with our English, too. Ha!
SB
Ayup! what SB said!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Dagger, when i went home yesterday i prepare this other photos of my other MB.I am aircraft engineer,32 years old and a fan of the MB , the sound is unique , economic and easy to built, but in my country have a vehicle like this is more than a hobby than a necesity for transportation.Cause many people here don´t have the skill or the resources to make a fine and secure ride then the nick name RIQUIMBILY appears in ours ways to name this tipe of Mb.Is strictly forbiden by the police but i take the chance and on 3 years i desing and built 3 MB using different frames and the same engine riga13D8¡¡The one and only i have¡¡ My mom says that i cuold make a toster fly if i have the chance.

I hope some day whe could make a fine ride on my city, thanck for the support.

Any way i hope you enjoy it the same i do.

´´One small steep for man a big one for main kind´´
You Rock Alain!

Dagger

Mar 13, 2009
Russia Moscow
Dan And silverbear, thank you very much for support!

I am sometimes difficult to grasp the meaning written, but I will try, and dictionaries and translators will
help me herein.))

Dagger

Mar 13, 2009
Russia Moscow
And as to engines, that is news.

At me clutch on the Chinese engine recently has broken. Balls were scattered and have wedged clutch.

New clutch at us do not sell. It was necessary to search for replacement.

And it was. Took it from motor D-6, it has completely approached.

And with clutch from Д-6 on the Chinese engine, I have passed about 500 kilometres.
One more fact of similarity of engines.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
ничего себе, хорошая работа. Наличие частей - уловка

(wow, good job. Having the parts is every thing)((Well with online free translator, meant to be close lol)

Love the "could make a toaster fly" thing. Make a cool T shirt or bumper sticker.

alainfreyre

Nov 3, 2009
cuba
Dagger , man the best you can do for your MB is to redesign the engine using the spare parts of yours Dm6 it will be strongest remember that the former URSS (in spanish) built everything to last.And the replace components are easy to find because they serial the same pieces despite it was a truck, the MIR or a washing maschine.

Think about it and continue testing this propossal.

See you.

zpt

Mike Hunt

Jun 9, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
thats awsome, i've seen a couple of those when i lived in ukraine. i wanted one, but my parents said i was too young, now that im older i built my own, but unfortunately had to use a chinese engine, which runs really well atm, but still would have preferred the russian engine for bragging rights.

btw i know russian, if anyone needs anything translated to or from it i will do my best to help

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Awesome Mike! The subtlety are the challenge in language barriers! Smooths the waters as it were. Good guy Sir and thank you

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Today I had the chance to check out the Russian motor and all I can say is WOW! The quality compared to the Chinese motor is unbelievable. Here are some pics of the mag and points, this thing is 6v but puts out 12 watts. There is a whole stack of brand new Russian motors here in Tucson dance1

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
My friend had the opportunity to ride the Russian motor the other day, I've been a little too busy.

He said it is extremely smooth and quite but gutless. He said he would rather have the Chinese 48cc.