re-visiting dead musicians

GoldenMotor.com
Mar 31, 2013
RI
high folks, my name is Rick and i'm new around here and i'm about as ignorant of this hobby as the newest noob so i've mostly been lurking and studying and learning just how much there is for me to learn.

anyway, i look forward to the day when i have something to offer regarding the building of bikes but until that day arrives i thought maybe i'd start a conversation with y'all on a topic i think most of us can find some common ground, that is to say, music.

...and being an old guy i thought maybe i'd start off by re-visiting some of my favorites from those who have gone to the great concert hall in the sky, as it were.

...so here's a few tracks from back in the day when i was young i'm not a kid any more!

some sounds that helped shape my misspent youth. Rory Gallagher to be precise, lol.

peace, bozo

(i'm trying to embed these so hopefully this is successful)

edit: sorry folks, all i seem able to do is link to the vids,

all pics in my posts are links to vids, that's the whole point, i wanted to share the music, not the pics, lol.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2013
RI
...and then of course there was Duane, who could forget Duane? ...sadly, there is very little actual video of Duane he has been gone so long.

peace, bozo

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Rick,(Bozo),
We all have our favorite music folks that have moved on. The older we are the more recent the passing but we also have some that left us way too early. Elvis jumps to mind as well as Ricky Nelson, Otis Redding, Carl Wilson (Beach Boys) John Lennon, George Harrison, and so many more.

At least their talents are still out there and available for us to listen to. One aspect of technology we can be thankful for.
Good thoughts and thanks.
Keep working on that bike. You won't be a newbie forever. :)

Tom

Mar 31, 2013
RI
Rick,(Bozo),
We all have our favorite music folks that have moved on. The older we are the more recent the passing but we also have some that left us way too early. Elvis jumps to mind as well as Ricky Nelson, Otis Redding, Carl Wilson (Beach Boys) John Lennon, George Harrison, and so many more.

At least their talents are still out there and available for us to listen to. One aspect of technology we can be thankful for.
Good thoughts and thanks.
Keep working on that bike. You won't be a newbie forever. :)

Tom
thanks Tom and yeah, i'm certain my ignorance will be cured by time and experience, lol.

...anyway, my hope is to start a thread where we can all link to vids of some blast's from the past and i hope you and other's will link to some vids too, my hope is we can maybe turn each other on to new jams that might be outside our experience, ...i'm sure there are many younger members who never heard of Rory for example.

anyway, here's a few by the King himself.

...the whole point is let's share, i'll show you mine, you show me yours, lol,

peace, bozo

btw, all the pics are links to the vids so just click on a pic and enjoy.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thanks. Jim Croce was certainly another one from those magic 70s that is missed but not forgotten. One of my favorites.

Tom

Mar 31, 2013
RI

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Oh wow, Rick. I didn't know Harry had passed. That's a shock. I wonder about his brother Tom. I'll have to google him.

I won a karaoke contest a few years ago doing Taxi. I knew all the words, didn't even look at the monitor. :)

Tom

Mar 31, 2013
RI
Oh wow, Rick. I didn't know Harry had passed. That's a shock. I wonder about his brother Tom. I'll have to google him.

I won a karaoke contest a few years ago doing Taxi. I knew all the words, didn't even look at the monitor. :)

Tom
yeah man, sadly Harry was taken in a car accident on the LIE back in '81.

...my dad passed away back in '70 of cancer, i was 15 at the time and he was 35, ...anyway, i can't listen to Cat's in the Cradle without thinking of my dad and crying a little for all the times we missed.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2013
RI
...and how about FZ, ...please don't eat that yellow snow!

the last one links to a Steve Allen show where Frank plays the bicycle, lol, you GOTTA check that one out!

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2013
RI
Hello I'm Johnny Cash
yeah it's hard not to miss the man in black.

...btw, the idea is to link the pics to youtube vids so we can all watch and listen and remember.

i see a time when i can come to this thread when i want to listen to music and just click on links to new stuff i've never heard before.