Lets ride san diego!!!

GoldenMotor.com

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
Balboa Park to Coronado and back

SATURDAY - September 1st - MEET AT 2:30PM ROLL OUT 3PM SHARP!!!.

Meet at El Prado Next to Cabrillo Bridge under the California flag.

This is going to be a 50 mile cruise.
For this trip we are cruising the coast south through Balboa Park, Downtown, The Gaslamp, and around the bay to Imperial Beach and on to Coronado and back.
PLEASE WEAR HELMETS!!!!

Route Map:
San Diego Motorized bike rally - Google Maps
r.ly..we..shft.cvlt1brnot

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Do I have to start making some calls? Do I hear and echo here? Did everyone leave the building and forget to turn out the lights again? Is this anyway to bump a thread.......school hasn't started just yet kids.......or has it?

Just me and Hawaii.......Hawaii and I laff Maxvision, Tony, Drew, GearNut (Dan), Jeremy, Kevin, phood, Donner and Blitzen......let's RIDE!

.wee.

Dbogue

Mar 7, 2012
Escondido
Bah! I didn't know this ride was going down till 4 seconds ago! My ride is no go until the mail man comes to visit with my parts.. Arggghhh! :-||

Last edited:

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I would love to go tomorrow! My bike is finally completed enough to be good for a long, enjoyable ride.
Sadly, I am going to prison tomorrow.

-
-
-
-
-
To visit my brother in law.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I would love to go tomorrow! My bike is finally completed enough to be good for a long, enjoyable ride.
Sadly, I am going to prison tomorrow.

-
-
-
-
-
To visit my brother in law.
You a very funny man Dan, sorry bout the bro in-law tho.......I take it he's not a warden there:D

There will be more so not to worry........at least ya checked in, as did Drew. I did make a few calls today but only a maybe from Pat as his bike just started playing up this week. I'll be playing bike doctor in the AM to see what's up with it. Not even sure if I can make it tomorrow as I'm still hurtin from a stand-up scooter vs. car in parking lot last Sunday.

We'll see.

dnut

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Ouch scotto- !
Lemme guess....
Scooter 1
Car 0
Honestly officer, I didn't see him!
Cel phone was involved...

I am glad to hear that you at least walked away from it!

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yes it was a classic and typical accident of such.....after hemhawing around, confused young driver pulls a left into a parking space while I'm overtaking him on the left at a whopping 10mph. I slam into his door taking of his mirror with my right arm, roll over his hood and slam into a minivan that was parked neft to his sudden destination.

I get up, slide under the minivan, grab his mirror and then politely let him know that he had just lost it (the mirror). My 13year-old son Colin was riding right behind me and watched the whole episode in amazement. I was a bloody mess but we both rode off without ever getting the lunch we were in route to.....less than 100' away.

Messed up my best scooter, glad it wasn't one of my bikes;)

.bf.

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
Ouch glad your ok man. Hope you can make it today. Its the coronado run, so all nice and smooth. So you should be ok.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
All cavities are still virgin. The entry search was a non issue, rather identical to what one would go through with TSA at an airport or entering a court house.
No glass window, just what looked like a cafeteria outfitted with very short legged tables, typical industrial steel and plastic chairs, alot of guards wandering around and small camera domes polka-dotting the ceiling tile.
Overall it was a great visit! I haven't seen him in 2 1/2 years. He is almost as tall as me
now. Had a great chat with him for 4 hours. Caught up on some lost time and ate some surprisingly good tasting food from the vending machines.

The whole atmosphere in the room was rather relaxed, not at all like what the movies portray. You do have to conduct yourself in a certain manner though. Hands must be visible at all times and always above the table. No physical contact except a brief hug or handshake at the beginning and end of the visit just to name a few.

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
Speaking of which ride has been rescheduled due to no one showing up. My fault for last minute heads up. I hate my schedule. Anyway, check out the first page for updated itinerary.

SD moto man

Aug 27, 2011
San Diego
I should be able to make this one. I have to switch out my rear bearings in my coaster brake, damn thing locked up on me twice. I should be good to go after that though.

Tony Meier

Jan 14, 2010
Sun Diego
Thanks Scotto for the call last week. Sorry I couldn't make it; prior commitment. However, I see that Hawaii has either rescheduled last week's planned ride or has scheduled a new ride for September 1!!!! Horray Hawaii!!! Count me in; I'm there.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I wish I could come. Looks like a fun ride.
My girlfriends Mom is living in Texas now and is coming here that week, maybe catch a lift with here if she's got room. She can't be too far from you.....she's in Midlothian which is just outside of Dallas? Just a thought.

It will be a fun ride fo sho!

.wee.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I have never had a reason to drive to Balboa Park before, but I am sure that googlemaps can get me there.
If all goes well, I'll be there.
Is there any particular parking lot I should look for, or is it park on the street wherever you can?