New Guy Here

GoldenMotor.com

cinikal

Apr 14, 2012
miami
Hello All!!! I've just been bitten by a building bug and decided to start a new project! Put an engine on a bike. Sooooooo here i go. this is not going to be a kit bike. Its going to be a one of a kind custom rat-rod style design. I hope!

Well i started on the bike and started to run into problems. so after looking around the web for a while I found this site. Excellent. Signed right up. Hopefully my idea can be worked out and built the way i want it. So off i go to scour the forums and probably start a post or two..xx.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Welcome aboard, C !

After you read a few threads, and discover more questions to ask, learn to use the search function and you will probably find the answer quicker than asking and waiting on a reply!

Tell us more about your choice of a bike frame and which motor you are using.
And we really like pictures!

Best
rc

cinikal

Apr 14, 2012
miami
Thanks RC,

Well i believe the frame is a schwinn beach cruiser frame. but i dont want a beach cruiser i want something thats probably not to practical but something way different! i started mounting a x7 pocket bike engine but now that its mounted i want something bigger. it just doesnt look right to me. working on that now. heres where im at right now...

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Just a word of caution.
Most states will see your bike as a motorcycle (no pedals) and as such will require that it be registered/insured as a motorcycle. Check your local laws before you proceed too far. You could be building something that you can't ride legally. Good luck.
Tom

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
c, you should review the non-kit parts of the forum...
Those guys will have all the info you may wish for! :)

You are probably gonna want to get a hub adapter from one of our vendors... there are threads about them. and your primary reduction drive may be suspect... the guys will be able to tell you more about that.

It's a nice project! You'll fit in real well here!
Best
rc

Yah, I thought the bike looked familar! lol

Attachments

Last edited:

cinikal

Apr 14, 2012
miami
Thanks for the heads up Tom. Never really thought of that. But the real reason im building this bike is to go fishing in some areas around here where there are no paved roads and cars cant get to those areas. so this is my fix... ill add a couple of rod holders and a tacklebox holder and im off fishing.

My neighbor just came by and saw the bike and i told him im looking for another engine and he said "i'll be right back" ...

He just gave me what i was looking for ... a 3.0hp tecumseh edger motor from his wrecked go-cart that fits just like i like it. (^)(^)(^)now i have to figure out how to get the power to the wheels.

any idea where to look in the forums... i have no clue what i need.