hi there. i just joined.

GoldenMotor.com

bluetarp

Feb 25, 2016
dutchess county, NY
greetings fellow motorized bicyclers. my name is Robert, im 48, im from Poughkeepsie, NY.,.... the no-riding-allowed-anywhere state. with that said,.. I ride everywhere I go, every day that it's not frozen or raining.

I have about 25 years fab shop exp., and can tig weld like the wind. anybody need tig welding done, I can most likely pull it off,..(as long as you provide the welding machine)

im on my second build right now, on the proceeds from the sale of my first build, which was a stock/bare bones 66cc 2 stroke kit from gasbike on a 26" micargi touch cruiser. the ease with which I slapped that thing together with a handful of primitive, beginner noob tools, combined with the stunning rush of success during the victory ride, PLUS the killer look it had, convinced me that this hobby was my calling. (plus I doubled my $$, even after riding it for 2 months in NY winter slop-yecch). im sold!!

my desire is to build a stealthy/innocent-looking bike that can haul a 260 lb'er. the 2 stroke did it, loudly, so after reading up and comparing results and opinions, here and elsewhere, i'm ready to leave 2 strokes behind and go 4 stroke. I bought another micargi 26" touch cruiser and the $239 ghost racer 7g "special edition" (????????) kit last night. I still regret deleting my FB account because I had a thousand pics of my first build on there!! now I have NONE. ---(sniffle)

well,..the reason for the stealth is because im revoked for life. nation-wide. no more drivers licence for this hombre. ever. its something I wouldn't wish on anybody. needless to say I lost my ass. now i'm all about quiet, moderate power, under 30mph speeds, and NOT ATTRACTING ATTENTION. stealth is priority one.

well,.. I have already absorbed so much info off this site's forums, and the members have real experience and a lot of it, so I wanted in. here I am. I feel like im in the exact spot I need to be.

bluetarp

Feb 25, 2016
dutchess county, NY
I found my pictures!!! here's my very first build. 26 inch micargi touch cruiser with a gasbike 2 stroke kit. yes that is duct tape on that wire, and yes that will be the last time you will ever see duct tape on my bike (s). I promise.

--it truly was an emergency measure,..--I had to ride it!!!!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
greetings fellow motorized bicyclers. my name is Robert, im 48, im from Poughkeepsie, NY.,.... the no-riding-allowed-anywhere state. with that said,.. I ride everywhere I go, every day that it's not frozen or raining.
Welcome BlueTarp.
NY... not the best place to MB.
I am in Phoenix where darn near every day all year is a great place to MB, heck we have had sunny ~80F days all month including today ;-}

im on my second build right now, on the proceeds from the sale of my first build, which was a stock/bare bones 66cc 2 stroke kit from gasbike on a 26" micargi touch cruiser. the ease with which I slapped that thing together with a handful of primitive, beginner noob tools, combined with the stunning rush of success during the victory ride, PLUS the killer look it had, convinced me that this hobby was my calling. (plus I doubled my $$, even after riding it for 2 months in NY winter slop-yecch). im sold!!
I built on a few Touches when I was just starting.
A decent bike for a decent price.

I had to use a SBP front mount adapter and add a caliper brake to the front, but not bad.

I'm ready to leave 2 strokes behind and go 4 stroke. I bought another micargi 26" touch cruiser and the $239 ghost racer 7g "special edition" (????????) kit last night.
A 4-stroke won't fit in a touch.
It barley fits in its big brother Pantera frame.

And it comes with dual V-brakes.

Though their daddy, the 29" Fatal Love needs a front brake added, it gives you plenty of room.

Though just an added front brake would work, I do front and back calipers on a dual pull lever and leave the coaster brake a helper/backup brake.

There is no such thing as too much braking power.

well,..the reason for the stealth is because im revoked for life. nation-wide. no more drivers licence for this hombre. ever. its something I wouldn't wish on anybody. needless to say I lost my ass. now i'm all about quiet, moderate power, under 30mph speeds, and NOT ATTRACTING ATTENTION. stealth is priority one.
If you want stealth go electric.
A mid mount shifter and harmless looking bicycle battery coupled with zero sound makes it ideal for stealth.

I like the Macargi 3-speed Rover for these.
From the left where jonny law looks you don't much of anything.

As usual you have to add a pair of caliper brakes as the coaster brake won't work but nothing to add on.

Paint the battery Plaid to look like a Thermos and you are golden.

With the 3-speed gearing you will be able to do 30mph and if you see Jonny looking just pedal some ;-}

That's as stealth as you can get, even pedestrians can't here you coming ;-}

Just a tip, and welcome aboard.http://motorbicycling.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

bluetarp

Feb 25, 2016
dutchess county, NY
A 4-stroke won't fit in a touch.
It barley fits in its big brother Pantera frame.
NO!! seriously??? why was there so much room left in every youtube video I watched on the subject???? using 26 inch cruisers??? dude---i haven't been this deflated in years there must be a logical explanation because i wouldn't have bought anything if i thought it would even be close. the very first straw im going to grasp at it it seems like your u bolts for the mount plate are raising the platform----forgive me for being snappy but im literally backed into a corner and out of money--desperate is an understatement

Last edited:

bluetarp

Feb 25, 2016
dutchess county, NY
hey---- I just thought of something, since im now desperate and grasping at straws,...howcome the youtube video shows so much room left???? its the same motor, or is there STILL something im missing? ?? hes got a 26 with an acre of room up there. i know its a different brand, BUT he has almost a full 2 inches to spare up there...that's a lot. I just don't get it. it even looks like he can squeak it down even more!!! what am i missing???? frame geometry? he's got a ton of room!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adlj2zPBIaQ

if I sound desperate or bewildered it's because I thought I was going to have room to burn. this video is just the first quick example of how i concluded that i had plenty of room that I can produce in my crushed, raging frame of mind. I like to think that im thorough when I research a purchase and this has got me pounding on tables like a lunatic

Last edited: