If Your New Motor Won't Start,

GoldenMotor.com

tinkerfinger

Jun 10, 2008
if Your New Motor Wont Start Up, And You Have Tried Everything From Removing The Kill Switch, To Sacrifice Of A Virgin,, Try This Easy Trick From A Former Repair Guy.
anyone Will Tell You, Once Its Broken In, It Will Start Right Up. The Reason Is Compression. Once The Piston Has Seated In The Cylinder, You Have Good Compression. But Its Not That Good Before Break In.. So, Here Is An Easy Trick To Bump Up Initial Compression For That First Start.
its Just So Simple, Youl Smack Your Head For Not Thinking Of It.
step#1 Remove Spark Plug
step#2 Find Your Favorite 2 Stroke Oil.
step#3 Pour A Cap Full Of It Into Combustion Chamber, Via Plug Hole.
step#4 Replace Spark Plug And Wire
step#5 Pump Those Legs And Pop That Clutch.
i Hope This Was Helpfull To At Least One Person.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
...and remember to properly seat the rings, you have to do it within the first few minutes of running.

Don't baby it.
Start off with about 1/4 throttle and accellerate for 10 seconds, then slowly slow down. Repeat this cycle a few times then start using half throttle and a little higher rpm, once again slowing down slowly (about twice as long to slow down as it did to accellerate). Repeat several times then start using short bursts of full throttle and go into the upper reaches of rpm, but don't strain it. Do this a few times and the rings should be seated. Let cool, then continue with break in for the next 3-400 miles.

Skyliner70cc

Mar 8, 2008
Tinker, good post. I would add that a cap means no more than a teaspoon or two and engine should be rotated slowly by hand with plug off before attempting a start.

During my builds, I take the head off the engine and I also put a little bit of oil in the crankcase so there is some oil already coating the bearings on its first start which is typically a little longer when new.