Intake Manifold Idea

GoldenMotor.com

joe-craft

Aug 6, 2008
hello All, i was just looking around the forum and seen that some people have carb clearence issues.
well i got an idea and im going to experiment, if it works out i may put it into production.

Attachments

datz510

May 9, 2008
Mesa, AZ
If you do a full 90 degree bend, you might need to provide a straight section that can be cut down as needed to let the carb clear the gearbox. I think a 45 degree bend style would probably be useful to most folks with clearance problems.

I just made one for my Whizzer. 1" ID tubing!

Last edited:

joe-craft

Aug 6, 2008
okay thanks i like ethe first one it would give me alot of clearence that i would need, now to make one!

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
here is my intake manifolds a couple of pictures short and tight machined end to fit the carb.

the backwards upper end

Last edited:

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
yes,if its longer or curved it makes it worst.
its better to use a short intake or none at all(they have new carbs that mount to the block and need no intake,but they sell with new gen 3,4,5+ kits only i think).

or if your carb fits but the air filter dont , run a hose from the carb to a pipe or airbox with filter.
i used a boot from a bike shock,it fits tight around carb and taped that to a 6" aluminum pipe and pointed it down and taped to bike,you couldnt hear the engine run at idle like that.
but i bought a cruiser bike and now i have room for everything now.

but anyway joe that is a good idea in your picture and it will work for people with tight spaces.
use a 90% bend and a shorty pipe,u dont want the carb sticking out too much.

Last edited: