Flybikes Cobra tubes

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Years ago I ran across these Cobra BMX tubes that only came in 20" that can be changed without removing the tire from your bike.

I thought at the time how cool it would be to have them in 26". Well now they do and I have yet to purchase a set of tubes but hopefully sometime soon I will.

Thought I would share them maybe it is something you would like to try or be interested in.

When my tubes I have now need to be replaced, I am going to get a set of these tubes and try them out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9AwtFyM_Kw

Attachments

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Well probably because they'll never balance quite right and they'll bump at any higher speed...
But it's a good jerry rig for some applications...
But you knew all that. :)

Best
rc

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
They might be a little bumpy at our speeds but, hey, they're sort of like those little mini-spares today's cars carry. Not perfect but would get you back on the road a lot quicker than removing the rear wheel on a motorized bicycle.
Thanks Dave.

Tom

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
You all might be surprised how well that could work........maybe. I put a 24" tube in a 12.5" tire and it didn't bounce at all. The trick is to have the least amount of air as possible in the tube so that it fills the tire cavity properly. Once again,maybe not with the cobras,but it should be the same principle.