Monark II Disc Plate

GoldenMotor.com

Jamesgregory

Nov 22, 2012
Ohio
A question for any of you that have used the Monark II Springer fork. I am installing disc brakes on it. There are 2 brass bushings in each of the rocker plates. These bushing when in the stock plates fit fine. When I use them in the new disc stainless steel disc plates they are thicker than the plate. The stainless disc plate is thinner that the stock plate. Here is my question. Am I supposed to cut these bushings down to fit? Shave almost half off of them???

Attachments

Jamesgregory

Nov 22, 2012
Ohio
Norm, I figured it out the plate with the caliper mount goes on the inside of the Fork and the regular plate has to mount to the outside. I was also trying to use all those spacer washers that are on each side of the stock thick plate which made your drop outs to thick and wouldnt let the wheel go in. I used the brass bushings and left out all those spacer washers and it all fell together. I have no rub the wheel is centered and Im feeling all is good. What you think?

Attachments

Jamesgregory

Nov 22, 2012
Ohio
Damn, wish I would of read your web site first. You dont use the brass bushings. Im going to have to call this week. I like the looks of your set up. I know what you mean by it creates slop. I do have some.