Tanaka Engine Porting

GoldenMotor.com

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Has anyone had their Tanaka engine ported?

I have a Tanaka 47R engine on my bike. It's potent, but more is better, right?

Any reputable porters you can recommend?

Always in search for more power..bld.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Just dive in and do a general clean up and port match.
If you like the results, send me $50 dollars.
:)

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Seriously, simple gasket matching is easy to do yourself and can have quite good effect on stock power plants like your tanaka.
Just don't touch the actual port opening into the cylinder. You can open up the ports from a few cm away from the piston out to the gasket without any risk of changing timing or ruining your engine.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Just a word of caution from someone who has had plenty of experience with the 47R.........beware the exhaust port has very little meat or room for improvement. That is why Tanaka made the 47R as their race engine over the standard 47cc. I have broken the exhaust ports of at least two 47R's because there is so little material for strength and support of the HP expansion chambers also made for this engine. The 47R is not produced by Tanaka anymore and I seriously doubt they have any jugs left if you mess yours up.

Get the standard 47cc and port it.......you may be able to match the power of the 47R at best. Best of luck!

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
I've got a few of these 47r's still...don't remember them needing all that. Feeling a need to experiment? I'll sell em cheap enough

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Just a word of caution from someone who has had plenty of experience with the 47R.........beware the exhaust port has very little meat or room for improvement. That is why Tanaka made the 47R as their race engine over the standard 47cc. I have broken the exhaust ports of at least two 47R's because there is so little material for strength and support of the HP expansion chambers also made for this engine. The 47R is not produced by Tanaka anymore and I seriously doubt they have any jugs left if you mess yours up.

Get the standard 47cc and port it.......you may be able to match the power of the 47R at best. Best of luck!
Thanks scotto!