Magneto

GoldenMotor.com

Blazecc

Apr 19, 2011
connecticut
so i cannot start my 49cc and am wondering where i can get a new magneto for the bike (pref east coast) the bike ran fine for the week or so i owned it / went for a small ride came home now wont start/steps i took were new plug/ cleaned the carb/checked the wire connections/ took the plug out placed it on the cylinder head and no spark, soo QQ the cylinder head is a black painted one seems will it still spark through the paint the manufacturer put on the bike i know its a noob question but i am a noob so bear with me plz. also the kill switch never worked since ive bought the thing but it never interfered with the starting of the bike (green wire) someone suggested removing the wires from the kill switch which is housed in an enclosed unit that i see no way to seperate any way around that also. if anyone can help me out with these problems thank you kindly:-:-||

Last edited:

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
1. If you feel it's the paint, wrap a piece of wire around the base of the plug and secure at the engine. The 11 tooth cover plate will do (under a bolt). Install plug wire and test.

2. Do the same without using the spark plug, see if it will fire through the plug boot, no plug attached.

3. I change BOTH the plug wire and plug out, before mounting and starting.

4. Check wires on the magneto, if you are using the "White" wire, disconnect it.

5. Disconnect the kill switch.

6. Take a test light (12V) and connect it from the "Blue" wire to the engine ground. If you don't have a test light you can made one with a LOW wattage bulb and two pieces of wire. Connect one wire to the bulb base and the other wire to the filament terminal.

7. Here is a tester I made. Bought a LED (rated for 12V) from Radio Shack. Connect one lead to the "Blue" wire and the other to ground. Without the plug in you can spin the magneto with a drill or by hand.

Attachments

Last edited: