Looking to build my first chopper

GoldenMotor.com

smills1840

Feb 6, 2011
Virginia
Hey guys. First post here. Just a few questions.

1. I'm planning on taking a BMX bike rear triangle, angling it down slightly, then welding a piece of square tubing horizontal to the ground. Then, I will take the head tube from a bike, and separate it from the frame. I will weld a piece of tubing going from the horizontal piece up to the head tube, and connect the seat post/backbone of the bike to the rear triangle and head tube as well. Also, I will move the pedal assembly to the joint of the horizontal tube and the tube connecting it to the head tube. Does this sound possible to you guys? Or should I just purchase a 20" schwinn stingray and go from there?

2. I really want my bike to have electric start, so I can just sit on it, push a button, and go. The kits you buy off ebay don't have this feature, so I'm going to purchase one and replace the engine. I'm thinking about using this engine

Until I can post links, it's the 49/52cc engine with electric start on monsterscooterparts.com

I know I have to purchase the trans, and a battery. Anything else I need for that engine?

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Smills, most of your questions can be answered in forum member BarelyAWake's thread titled ( Alternate 4-strokes ). Sounds like you are on your way towards an awesome build!
Peace Crazy Horse..shft.