Limiting speed?

GoldenMotor.com

Xaing

May 13, 2010
kansas
kay, here's something opposite of what most people I notice are trying to achieve, I have a 66cc grubee skyhawk and I need to limit the max speed to 30mph for it to pass the inspection so I can get a vin number in kansas. Any ideas or tips?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
You can cut a piece of tubing (metal, like aluminum or brass) to fit on top of your slide to limit it's travel, my Bike Bug had one.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
I'll be supprized if it went faster than 30mph, but if it does, change the numbers you input on your digital speedo so that it reads slower mph than it really does or you can adjust the throttle cable so that it only gets partially throttle. Or you could try and fix it so the choke only opens half way,just for the inspection.

Last edited:

a_dam

Feb 21, 2009
Momence, IL
Hilarious!

Some government worker is going to jump on your bike and run it down the street to verify its top speed?

Instead of trying to detune it, maybe you should just make the front wheel fall off at full speed!

Sorry, I didn't really mean that.

Last edited:

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
This thread is a blast!! really, how is the Motor Vech. guys gonna know?? although I do like the front wheel technique!!
Mac