micargi stretch bronco 3.0 build

GoldenMotor.com

SSGT-FLASH

Apr 16, 2010
Huntington Beach CA
Hey I have the exact same bike just different color. I am having some problems mounting the sprocket on the back tire due to the hub size and all the spokes. Let me know if you have any problems. I had a buddy create a 1/4 inch spacer out of aluminum to mount it a bit further out from the hub so the chain wont rub the tire. Let me know if you have similar problems. Thanks.

:-||

eastcountycustoms

Mar 31, 2010
washington
Hey I have the exact same bike just different color. I am having some problems mounting the sprocket on the back tire due to the hub size and all the spokes. Let me know if you have any problems. I had a buddy create a 1/4 inch spacer out of aluminum to mount it a bit further out from the hub so the chain wont rub the tire. Let me know if you have similar problems. Thanks.

:-||
I got a special sprocket from piratecycles.com built just for these micargi wheels. Im sure I will need to build a spacer to clear the 3 inch rear tire as well. Got the motor mocked up and ready to fabricate the front motor mount. Made a small bracket and stuck a chain tensioner on top of the stock chain to allow clearance for the motor side case. Coming together pretty well for my first build. All of the great info on this site is making it easy.

Attachments

Last edited:

eastcountycustoms

Mar 31, 2010
washington
looks good so far ;)
Well built the motor mount yesterday. Maniac Mechanic sprocket is installed. Just waiting on some more motor chain to show up and a longer clutch cable. Seems to pedal just fine. Looks like I will need to run a 24 x 2.3 on the rear to get chain clearance. oh well. Anybody able to run a 24 x 3 on the rear of a stretch?

Attachments

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
I picked up the extra chain from bicycle engine kit, bike engine, bicycle engine, bicycle motor. Now I just need to find a way to press the pin out. Maybe a motorcycle shop would have tool for 415 size chain?
Do you have a bench vise? If you do, put a socket on the back side of the chain and find something to use for pushing the pin, such as a punch or allen wrench. If it is a small vise, sacrifice an allen wrench and cut it off just a little longer than the width of the chain.
I have purchased several chain breaker tools, but I always end up using a vise.

eastcountycustoms

Mar 31, 2010
washington
Do you have a bench vise? If you do, put a socket on the back side of the chain and find something to use for pushing the pin, such as a punch or allen wrench. If it is a small vise, sacrifice an allen wrench and cut it off just a little longer than the width of the chain.
I have purchased several chain breaker tools, but I always end up using a vise.
Worked like a charm. Ground it down a little first and punched it out with a scratch all. I think I over thought that one a little.

scooter_hobo

May 12, 2010
Nashville, TN
Howdy East County

Can you offer up any more info or detailed pics of your motor mounts.
What you've built is what I had in my novice mind.

Well built the motor mount yesterday. Maniac Mechanic sprocket is installed. Just waiting on some more motor chain to show up and a longer clutch cable. Seems to pedal just fine. Looks like I will need to run a 24 x 2.3 on the rear to get chain clearance. oh well. Anybody able to run a 24 x 3 on the rear of a stretch?

eastcountycustoms

Mar 31, 2010
washington
Howdy East County

Can you offer up any more info or detailed pics of your motor mounts.
What you've built is what I had in my novice mind.
No problem. I just attatched the motor to the seat post tube first until it was positioned corectly, then welded a short piece of tubing from the frame up through the front motor mount. the bike chain will need to be pushed down out of the way to give the motor clearance as well. see pic.

Attachments

eastcountycustoms

Mar 31, 2010
washington
What did you mean you had to offset the mounting bracket? I'm about ready to mount the motor...any suggestions?
If you plan on running the stock 24 x 3" rear tire. You will need to offset the the motor slightly to the left to gain clearance for the motor chain to clear the rear tire. This would require fabricating some offset motor mounts. I just decided to run a 24 X 2.3" rear tire instead.

Attachments

Last edited: