bicycle OCC schwinn 80cc engine kit

GoldenMotor.com

bearzilla333

Nov 12, 2009
indiana
did a search here and on google, yes I am new to forum,what engine kit should i get for this bicycle, that is reasonably priced. Will any engine kit work? thank you

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Well, any engine kit should work - else ya need to get yer money back lol The question is what bike are ya tryin' to put it on? Not all frames will take an in-frame kit, which tend to be the least expensive. You can bolt a rack-mount to just about anything but they usually cost more.

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Because of the wide rear tire you need a way to offset the engine a bit to the left to clear the rear tire with the chain. I think you can find engine mount kits on ebay. It is probably a bit difficult for a first build but it has been done before. Good luck.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
there are mounts for off-setting the engine, as well as adapters for mounting the sprocket available...
look around here and you will see many different OCC builds to draw ideas for your own build :)

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
I've heard that some internally geared hubs have a rather short lifespan on motorized bikes. I couldn't tell you which ones though.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Bearzilla,
That hub is cheaper than the one I had found. The clean and easy 3 speed hub would be nice. Of course, you still will need some type of jackshsft setup. Please keep us posted of your progress. I have not yet seen any postings of anyone actually useing one. I hope you do, and I hope that it turns out to be reliable.
If it does, I'll try one myself but I'll use a thumb shifter.
Also let me know if you have any problemes getting the hub laced.

Good Luck

Attachments

pre-war Schwinn

Nov 15, 2009
Los Angeles 90039
Cool! Choppers seem to give a feel of stability at 50 mph I can hit the road and never worry about being slamed into by a car "it happens" or have to throw my chopper off of a moving train "it happens" or leaving it for a while without getting stollen "it happens"
these bikes revoulutioized the Big Kid on a little bike phenomona
I am 59 I ride a 9 yooar old bike and I fit and I can hit 35 miles an hout for long stretches of highway I can truthfully say to the people on the roadside You cant have one no body makes one Ha Ha
I had som sad times when it fried on me last summer on a hot day and I had to chuck my hub motor that was on the rear. the hicest thing about the hub moter /e/ctric schwinn 20X4.25 was the left side threads that could accept a free wheel and unlimited sprocketing.
I put a one speed on and 16T instead of the 22 it should have. I pedal only on steep hills to help the front motor a little and it can speed upt eh hill with a load of beer or whatever. I ride it to work and can then ride into places like huge indoor venues like the LA Staples center and plug in inthe cafeteria. I used it to go to work on the LA X games this past summer aned I personally did work on Jumps that are a 200 ft instant rise and fall and the other amazing feats of stupid human stregnth .
It is simply a matter if gatting the best equipment out there get yourseves a crossover adapter and front freewheel chainring kit that costs 200 and new divinci swing internal unlimited gear ratio hub for 350 and you make 60 mph this New Divinci is based on a smooth shift that has every intention of taking over all hubs some day its like an autiomatic transmission

Last edited: