need coaster brake adaptor

GoldenMotor.com

videomandw

Jun 24, 2010
indiana
hello,

i am planning on putting a motor on a beach cruiser but most of the cruisers i am looking at have only coaster brakes. i seem to have read that you cannot put a small motor on a bike with coaster brakes in that the rear sprocket that comes with the motor kits will not fit. how can i adapt my coaster brake bike rear axle to accept a chain? what is available out there and what vendors sell such adaptors? could i simple machine out the hole in the center of the sprocket that comes with the kit to make it work?

thanks for any advice,

dave

videomandw

Jun 24, 2010
indiana
thanx for the tips nougat and matthurd. now i am not worrying so much about buyng a bike with coaster brakes and will have a wider selection to choose from.

thanks again,
videomandw

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i'm pretty sure most of the bikes being built use a coaster brake. all mine are, too.

use the search feature above and you'll find tons of solutions to any problems.

if you come across something you can't figure out when you start installing everything, just post a new thread and we'll help you out.

Sancho

Sep 27, 2010
Peoria, IL
Nice solutions and options... just wish I would have read this thread "before" I worked on installing the sprocket.... lol