Heavy Duty Wheelset Sources

GoldenMotor.com

nvmextc

Dec 10, 2010
Sydney
From Australia http://www.mbbimports.com.au/product.php?pid=85
I have this back wheel setup and think its great, especially the sprocket mount.
Just pulled it apart today to try fit a different sprocket. The axle has alot of threading which an adapter like the Top Hat sprocket adapter screws onto, and then a large locking ring, very solid. But takes sprockets with a larger center hole and 6 holes for bolts that are closer to the center, so my 36T had no way of fitting.
The tyre is really strong, rode a few hundred metres at 30km/h with a flat before I realized, it's really difficult to pull out of the rim.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2010
Cincinnati,Ohio
Hey, Worksman,,, Have you checked out Memeroy lane Classics? They have 26" x 2.125 chrome wheel sets as cheap as 70.0 a set 11ga spokes also check out there custom built wheels. Or try Bikeworldusa.com they have something simular to those also. I myself have 3 or four bikes with simular types,, two with Huskey wheels, another with memeroy lane classics wheels, & thelast with standard Micargi 68 spoke wheels that came on the bike. Hope you find what your looking for. D.O.C .trk

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
Hey, Worksman,,, Have you checked out Memeroy lane Classics? They have 26" x 2.125 chrome wheel sets as cheap as 70.0 a set 11ga spokes also check out there custom built wheels. Or try Bikeworldusa.com they have something simular to those also. I myself have 3 or four bikes with simular types,, two with Huskey wheels, another with memeroy lane classics wheels, & thelast with standard Micargi 68 spoke wheels that came on the bike. Hope you find what your looking for. D.O.C .trk
Thanks for info.

Here is the link for those who may be interested:

Memory Lane Classics

add:
Thank you as well nvmextc for your info.
I think that is the Grubee HD wheel.
How do you like the band brake?

Last edited:

nvmextc

Dec 10, 2010
Sydney
When I first got the band brake, I thought it would be an extremely strong brake, like a super disc brake, but it's not at all. It was alright though. The only brake I had on the back is an old caliper brake and they both seem to have the same power, this band brake works better in the wet though which I liked alot. It had a real squeaky sound when you used it.
I only had to take off the band brake cos after a wheel lockup the strap inside broke and pieces misaligned, otherwise I'd still use it, might get another :)