HF greyhound electrical, please help :)

GoldenMotor.com

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Hi everyone. I'm sure I can figure it out, but it would save me a lot of time if one of you who has already done it could help me figure it out. What wires on the HF do I connect to? Could someone maybe make a diagram in paint to help me out ? :D Also, do you just leave the oil sensor disconnected? Lastly, I saw somewhere on the forum someone was suggesting a lighting coil for a briggs that could possibly be retrofitted for the HF. Could anyone help me find this link? Thank you very much :)
-LS

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I disconnected the oil sensor wire and connected it to the throttle kill switch. Simple and no need to remove the low oil sensor. Leave the rest of the wires alone and you have a master switch most people would not be looking for.
SB

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Wait, so you connected the wire COMING from the oil sensor to your kill switch? How would that work? Or do you mean that you connected your kill switch to the wire that connected to the oil sensor? This is a little confusing. electrical is not my area of expertise :)

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
You have a wire coming from the kill switch on your throttle. There is a single wire at the oil sensor. Disconnect the wire at the oil sensor. The wire which was connected to the oil sensor now connects to the kill switch wire. Simple as that. Think of it this way. The oil sensor was a kind of automatic kill switch. Now you have a manual kill switch controlled at the throttle.
SB