cns mounting

GoldenMotor.com

tweeked

Feb 25, 2010
AZ
dnut I just got my cns and it didnt come with the bushing to mount to the intake. They are sending one and it will be here tomorrow. I used a silicone piece of hose that came with the sbp ex chamber and it works until the high rpm vibes kick in, then it twists and turns till it falls off. So growing up in TN, I wrapped bailing wire around to keep it on the int. Does the bushing keep this from happening? If not I was thinking of drilling a hole and tap a small machine screw into it. Feedback please!

Last edited:

metalliatic

Mar 14, 2010
Louisville Ky
the carb has to seal air tight to the intake. if not it will suck air and run too lean. i have a cns carb and i used the spacer that come with it and it works fine.

Masterm222

Feb 14, 2009
Billings, Montana
I have two of the cns carbs with the plastic spacer and seal. One is on a billet intake from Jim and the other is on the old aluminum stock intake that I enlarged and smoothed the interior path. Niether one seems to want to tighten up properly. They will vibrate back then the bike runs lean and won't idle down. I tried rtv and other adhesives to glue them on but that only lasted 50 miles. My next thought is to push it on all the way and drill a hole for a lock screw that would thread and seal into the side of the intake and hold the carb all the way on. I am open for suggestions!

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
I use an aluminum foil spacer between the plastic spacer and the carb. Ruffed up my MM intake with sand paper and Permatex it all together. Solid as a rock.

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc
You need to get a tiny file the metal notch of the CNS carb under the clamp and make the slot slightly bigger, else the carb does not clamp down right. (notch becomes closed before its clamped fully)