Occ Schwinn Stingray, Get it?

GoldenMotor.com

Chrismbello

Nov 8, 2009
Gainesville
Awesome motorcycle bike! ride in style :]

I'm looking at this bike tomorrow and was wondering if its worth putting a motor kit on. Anyone have one or would know how big it is? Or the extra stuff you would have to put on the bicycle for the motor to work.

It looks like a sweet deal, but don't know what extra hassle it would be. I have a zoombicycles 80cc kit on a bike and could transfer it.

Thanks you guys
Chris

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
yes, more to buy, and can be a difficult first build.

a. custom motor mount needed - ebay, barry, "occ chopper"
b. you should do it right and get the sprocket, and sprocket adapter - justin, pirate cycles.com
c. you should get the custom exhaust too (from barry)
d. you need to configure a front brake too (not stock locations to mount)
(roughly 150.00-200.00 total, plus engine

barry suggests a grubee gt2 48cc engine.

I wanted to do the same build, but i shyed away from it due to the difficulty factor. (im not a mechanic, or a welder btw) if you are, it should be a fun build.

good luck!

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
its worth 35.00, a steal!

get it!

--> if you dont mind doing it right and doing the extra work.
Try and chat up at those who completed their occ chopper build for more specific guidance. :)

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Bike is ok for about up to 5'6" person with the std. handlebar. reccomend risers if your taller.

Last edited:

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Yeah chris I'm 5'10" and the occ was too small, I had to chop and stretch it to make it comfortable, without a welder you'll be better off starting with something bigger I want a Schwinn Spoiler but their so damn rare, they still have a hefty price even used.