can someone help me out here?

GoldenMotor.com

the paper boy

Jan 8, 2010
CA. Placentia
hey wuts up. I was just wondering if some one can awnser my question because I im only sixteen with no drivers liecens and i live in CA in the city of placentia and i just got the ok from my dad that it is ok to ride around and since i have been riding it in my naborhood for some time now. i kind of am getting a little board of just riding in it so would cops give a crap if i ride on public streets, with a helmet no dought lol, on the right side of the road going the right direction.
.rd.

MaxPower

Jul 1, 2009
Sierra Vista AZ
I wear a reflective vest as well as a helmet. I look like a dork but I'm a safe dork. The motor on my bike doesn't help with coolness factor either.

the paper boy

Jan 8, 2010
CA. Placentia
I wear a reflective vest as well as a helmet. I look like a dork but I'm a safe dork. The motor on my bike doesn't help with coolness factor either.
lol I think It would make me look like a dork but it would protect my head, but it would also probobly make anyone look dorky too and any way its your safty that realy counts..shft.

RusticoRay

Oct 3, 2009
6mi. from the Old North Bridge
I too wear a reflector vest and a DOT half helmet. Also a pair of clear glasses, unless it sunny then the shades. Eye protection is as important as head gear. Don't draw attention with crazy behavior, running traffic lights, riding on the sidewalks that kind of stuff. I always drive defensively rather than offence. Have FUN!

Prasinos

Dec 1, 2008
California
ive gotten stopped once and was told to wear a motorcycle helmet, havent gotten pulled over since

ive built 12 bikes now and never had a customer get pulled over.

So don't take your exhaust off and dont pass cars in the bike lane. Theres no way youd be in rouble getting pulled over the first time, especially as a kid.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
always wear your helmet. every cop i've talked to always says the same thing, "wear a helmet and don't ride like an idiot and you should be fine..."

another thing to remember, is you are no longer riding a bicycle, and the things you used to get away with, like rolling through 4-way stops, turning right without stopping, riding on the sidewalk, riding on the wrong side of the street, and bunny hopping trashcans, or whatever, are now even more illegal. (not sure if bunnyhopping trashcans is illegal;))

what i'm saying, is, you're not just a kid on a bike anymore. you're a guy with a half-a$$ed motorcycle, and a lot more noticeable. a cop might let you slide if you're on your bicycle and you coast through a stop sign or something, but you are now riding a motorized vehicle. thinking like a cop for a minute, it's not worth it for me to pull over a kid riding his bicycle against traffic on the sidewalk, but if he's got a motor, i'm gonna teach him a lesson...

by the way, there's a kid down the street that had a motorized bike, he got a ticket for not wearing a helmet, which was doubled because he was under 18, and his mommy made him sell the bike to pay for the ticket. and after he sold the bike, he still owed his mom for the rest. i think he said it was $600. and, he was a block away from home.

so my advice to you, is even if you're just going around the block to test out something, or whatever, WEAR YOUR HELMET!

the paper boy

Jan 8, 2010
CA. Placentia
always wear your helmet. every cop i've talked to always says the same thing, "wear a helmet and don't ride like an idiot and you should be fine..."

another thing to remember, is you are no longer riding a bicycle, and the things you used to get away with, like rolling through 4-way stops, turning right without stopping, riding on the sidewalk, riding on the wrong side of the street, and bunny hopping trashcans, or whatever, are now even more illegal. (not sure if bunnyhopping trashcans is illegal;))

what i'm saying, is, you're not just a kid on a bike anymore. you're a guy with a half-a$$ed motorcycle, and a lot more noticeable. a cop might let you slide if you're on your bicycle and you coast through a stop sign or something, but you are now riding a motorized vehicle. thinking like a cop for a minute, it's not worth it for me to pull over a kid riding his bicycle against traffic on the sidewalk, but if he's got a motor, i'm gonna teach him a lesson...

by the way, there's a kid down the street that had a motorized bike, he got a ticket for not wearing a helmet, which was doubled because he was under 18, and his mommy made him sell the bike to pay for the ticket. and after he sold the bike, he still owed his mom for the rest. i think he said it was $600. and, he was a block away from home.

so my advice to you, is even if you're just going around the block to test out something, or whatever, WEAR YOUR HELMET!
thx for that really good and also helpful info im sure to be good to ride with no worrys so thanks drn2

Prasinos

Dec 1, 2008
California
a helmet iss definitely in your interest, i hit a parked bus going 25 while trying to adjust my carb. I have some facial scars that remind me pretty effectively.