2 seater chopper for me and my little girl!

GoldenMotor.com

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
Check out my chopper that I have set-up for me and my 3 year old daughter to cruise around on. The seat is just a prototype.I plain on remaking the seat into a one piece seat for both of us.I put some pedals on the gusset of the frame for her feet and some bar extensions on the handlebars with grips for her to hold onto. Its works perfect.She absolutly loves it! If the weather would ever get above freezing here in Alabama we will cruise the neiborhood.Norm sent me a 50 tooth sprocket so, we can climb the hills around here.This bike's gonna weight 200lbs. before its over.Like i said before ....Don't pay any attention to the old torn seat.Its gonna go!

Attachments

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
I,ve got a nice trailer I got at wally world on clearance, but momma says the fumes are too strong? I pull her with my friction drive. I had a 150cc scooter that we used to ride around the house.She would stand in front and hold onto the mirrors.Then it started giving me trouble, so I sold it.She brings it up everyday."If we still had that scooter" bla,bla,bla. LOL!

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Jeff, That is a sweet setup for your daughter to ride. Only thing is you are going to get her hooked on the motorbike's at an early age. About five years and you will be building her one of her own. I know my boys started riding the mini bike I built them at around eight years old and I could not get them off of it. They would ride it all day.

John

Attachments

Sydneysider

Mar 20, 2009
Sydney
Congrats TA, thats a nice ride to take your little girl on.. I bet she does love it. Ive got a 50T on my bike also, mainly to haul a trailer that I will be getting real soon. It pulls hills very easily even though speed is sacrificed a bit. A great ride, still.. Enjoy! (^)

Last edited:

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
Looks like you have done a good job with the passenger setup. I remember riding my daughter around the neighborhood on my honda 3 wheeler when she was 3. She sat on the seat in front of me. We had fun. Now her youngest is three. Giterdun while you have a chance they grow up so quickly.
Elmo

POPS

Sep 8, 2008
Vancouver Island BC .Canada
Toker

Real nice job!

You'll never ride alone again I bet.

I used to do the same with my kids a long time ago,

only on motorcycles.

What I did was go buy an extra long leather belt and

wrap it around both our waists, Just in case.

Good safety feature.

If they were falling, I was TOO...POPS

rkorson4209

Oct 10, 2009
michigan
Check out my chopper that I have set-up for me and my 3 year old daughter to cruise around on. The seat is just a prototype.I plain on remaking the seat into a one piece seat for both of us.I put some pedals on the gusset of the frame for her feet and some bar extensions on the handlebars with grips for her to hold onto. Its works perfect.She absolutly loves it! If the weather would ever get above freezing here in Alabama we will cruise the neiborhood.Norm sent me a 50 tooth sprocket so, we can climb the hills around here.This bike's gonna weight 200lbs. before its over.Like i said before ....Don't pay any attention to the old torn seat.Its gonna go!
Man that is so cool. I would love to do that, but the way my builds have been, I wouldn't want her to crash with me

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
Thats why you have to go very slow.Thats why i wanted a 50 tooth sprocket.Also, stay off main roads.Thats what scares me the most is idiots with cars!Thanks everyone.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Great looking bike. I have grandkids I wouldn't dare build that I would have my wife and the kids mother all over me for riding them around on something I built. lol Let me just say I deserve all the faith they have in me,NONE.

rkorson4209

Oct 10, 2009
michigan
Thats why you have to go very slow.Thats why i wanted a 50 tooth sprocket.Also, stay off main roads.Thats what scares me the most is idiots with cars!Thanks everyone.
Yea that really scares me, but I have had unexpected crashes. Like my rear wheel locked up. My lil girl really wants to ride too, just too scared

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Toker,
You've done good. Congratulations. The rewards will be something you and the little one will cherish for many many years to come. When she has her own kids she'll tell them about Grandpa and her riding on the bike he built...Guarantee it.
Tom

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
Thanks.She will be 4 in Feb. she has a little red rider tricycle that she rides all over the house.EVERYDAY! She's about to out grown it.So, I'm building her a new "Tricked Out" tricycle.LOL! I found one tractor supply that has bigger air tires.Its red, so I sanded it down and in the process of painting it pink.Her mothers making some custom decals.I found some pink streamers and basket.I also found one of those old yellow microphone that we had when we were young that makes the fire engine,police,horn, and mega phone. I'm going put a small rechargeable 12 volt battery so she can have a headlight and some programable LED lights I found on clearance from Wal Mart. I'll post some pictures in a couple of days.

Attachments