212cc death row 4 stroke kit from kings motorbike

GoldenMotor.com

piper

Jun 20, 2014
san luis obispo,california
In addition to the ghost racer 4 stroke kit kings motorbike now has what is called 212cc death row 4 stroke kit. It comes with a 6.5 hp predator ohv 4 stroke engine, tourque converter, cnc engine mount, cnc sprocket and hub adapter assembly with several different size choices. They have it advertised for $ 399.00. Seems pretty cool to me but you better have a beefed up bike to run this kind of power on. I might have to pick one up.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Man, I wish they had kits like this when I was kid :eek: I'll have to check these out, sounds like the price is right. Can hardly believe they can get away with selling a kit of this nature, they're certainly not street legal.....

dnut

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Well they do have a kit. But I dought very highly that someone can get that kit in a bike frame with what they offer.Muffler is not.going to fit?..maybe? that's why they don't show a picture of the entire bike.I dont remember seeing a extrawide crank in the kit either..Might be cheaper buying parts seperate.

Ronzworld

Feb 21, 2014
Regina,Saskatchewan
Ya you said it Motto ... at 14" wide your standard crank arms sure won't get past it ... and the kit shows or says nothing about it ... as those who have installed these (and other bigger motors) on their bikes know there is more to it then just twisting a few bolts tight ta get them on there properly as well as safely. Which brings up a whole new set of questions about how they can even get away with advertising these motors for bicycle use ?? beings how there is for sure not a state that has flexible enough laws for the use of a motor with this displacement ??
Oh well .. I guess the ad does say for off road use and something about "for experts only" LOL !! that one should bring out the 'nuts' and 'bolts' from every walk of life ta be 'motorized bicycle mech's ' .... LMAO !!
Well anyways ... for what it's worth .. I have ordered 1 already ... LOL ! I have been shopping around for motors for awhile for a trike build I am in the middle of and the price of this package is pretty hard ta beat so I guess I will be one of those 'nuts' myself ! LOL !!

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
I think it would make a nice deal for someone building an old school type minibike.
I love those silly things.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I would like to see what Q-matic or CVT knock-off is in the kit.

A base and engine are nothing, it's the transfer case that makes it.
If it's anything like the 7G POS it's no bargain, that is the high dollar item where the shortcuts are.

Last edited:

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
They clearly state that these kits are for racing only and they do not include a muffler or extra wide cranks in the kit.

piper

Jun 20, 2014
san luis obispo,california
If you bothered to look at the picture of the kit you would have noticed on the left is the stock predator muffler and it also says in the description muffller might need modifacation. this kit is for "PROFESSIONALS ONLY! They have a disclaimer on all there kits that says buyer agrees to use product for closed course racing only and not on or off public roads that includes the ghost racer kit as well, they have this so they can sell to california. please be sure when you post to have the facts straight.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Heck most everything they sale is illegal, that is not the point, the point is good parts at a good price.

Like the 5G and 7G, no details whatsoever about the transfer case other than it is a 'torque converter'.

Well, that system relies on a bunch of factors and they are a power sucking transfer case, about a horse loss and why I didn't use the one I bought for the 79cc pred.

Sure, neat systems for auto shifting direct drives with plenty of power to spare like the 212 pred, but if the transfer is junk and fails soon it's no bargain.

When one of you first buyers gets one, would you please detail the TC please?

I am shifting some of my business focus to custom 4-stroke Outdrives.
That is for another topic at another time.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
It seems kits are still just kits with a lot more to be desired, even for the kit builders. This kit offers nothing to me that would save me money that I can't already do myself.

I like building custom things that the kits will never offer.

My 212cc non kit build goes like this:

I certainly would not call my bike "Death Row"........I would much prefer the "Winners Circle".

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
CVT looks to me like a $130 Comet 30 series Torque-a-Verter all in one type knock off like you can find all day long on ebay.

they look to be good parts from what Ive seen but I haven't used one of them yet, I do plan to buy a couple of the CVT units for a couple of old go karts we have that have the older Comet CVT's that are wore completely out.

If someone doesnt have the tools and skills needed they will never get the kit in question set up and working on a bike.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
CVT looks to me like a $130 Comet 30 series Torque-a-Verter all in one type knock off like you can find all day long on ebay.

they look to be good parts from what Ive seen but I haven't used one of them yet, I do plan to buy a couple of the CVT units for a couple of old go karts we have that have the older Comet CVT's that are wore completely out.

If someone doesnt have the tools and skills needed they will never get the kit in question set up and working on a bike.
And that is exactly what I'm talkin' about. If ya can't build it, find someone that can build it for you. Do they have builder's on CL? ;)

Practically everyone on this site is some kind of builder, that's why we're all here......

dnut

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
If you bothered to look at the picture of the kit you would have noticed on the left is the stock predator muffler and it also says in the description muffller might need modifacation. this kit is for "PROFESSIONALS ONLY! They have a disclaimer on all there kits that says buyer agrees to use product for closed course racing only and not on or off public roads that includes the ghost racer kit as well, they have this so they can sell to california. please be sure when you post to have the facts straight.
Relax.....wow!!! You really think that disclaimer is for California...its for anyone that buys the kit.we have Veldrome races here ..why would that disclaimer only be for sales in Ca. We are just posting making friendly conversion here..bf.

mrboo916

Sep 24, 2015
north highlands ca
i bought my motor from harbor freight $158 torque converter $99 from ebay and the rest of parts came from 80cc bike kit.. gas tank chain sprocket ect.... i put the stuff on a shiwnn bike heres some pics.. also i built a specialized bike with 212cc so u guys can see it is possible fun an fast...

Attachments

Last edited: