OUCH! $895.00 2-Stroke Kit 25cc shuttlebuddy

GoldenMotor.com

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Have you seen this 2-stroke friction drive kit yet?

25cc 2-stroke 25-30 mile range / friction drive, fits in yer back pack!

shuttle buddy website Link: home only $895 shipped to your home, nice design looks to be very well constructed only 7-lbs. it's detachable use it on any bike almost.

Has anyone purchased this kit?

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I think if the hit is lovy dovy and reliable? It could very well be worth it. He is strapping those to some very high end down hill bikes. That you will never find in Wally World..

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I think it looks interesting but performance is probably lacking. The spring doesn't look like it's made to transfer much power to the rear wheel.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
It would seem to me that you would have to change the spring rate of the main spring in order for this to work well. Nifty idea though.. I like the idea anyway.. Its cool...

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
I check out the kit to see how much it would really cost. ($1,002.79) with tax and shipping. Thats a lot of money for a small engine kit and no bike.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
It's a neato little package!

Well worth the asking price, if u got $'s to burn and like doodads.

The advertising was fun, too... they would enter our TopSpeed thread @ 35mph. lol
LIAR lol
ok, i did it. I called someone a liar in open forum!
lol

and more fun in the advertising... they seem to be pitching it for 'shuttle runs' which, I guess, is getting back up the mountain, so you can mob down it with your 'downhill' bike???
...but they advise a 'city slick' rear tire! Not to be found on many 'downhill' bikes!

and it's also not advised for on-road use... lol

It must take a Big Bundle of $'s to generate the engineering and prototypes, put them into production, warehouse an inventory, have a website drawn up with professional photography, and set up some sort of brick & mortar storefront, at least to handle the possible shipping tasks.

My crystal ball doesn't see any real positive view of their investment.

But Good Luck to them!
My crystal ball is known to be whacked!
rc

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
I think it's pretty cool. Nice bit of engineering using the gas tank as a mounting bracket.

Yeah, price is high, but they have no competition.

You could bolt this on and be down the road to the grocery store and back in less time than it takes to mount a happy time gas tank.

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
GIMMIC.... only connects to the seat post yeah like that will keep the roller inline with the rear tire so it does not eat the tire in a matter of a few miles

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
I remember hearing about these guys a couple of years ago but not much since. It's a great piece of innovating nonetheless, just as a work in progress in the world of ideas on alternative personal trans. The quick release seat post clamp is adequate, if anything else is needed an aluminum torsion strap to a dropout eyelet could be added. A seven pound package that can be carried in a backpack fits a niche that some singletrack and downhiller trail riders have been looking for, though on-tire friction drive is probably not the best solution to use with knobbies. Room for innovation there, maybe revive the old under-the-rim inverted friction drive design Honda used in the 1950's.

Last edited:

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
Yep I so want to carry GASOLINE in a backpack........

GM used to make trucks with the gastank behind the seat in the cab
does mean to do so is such a great idea

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
The backpack idea denotes size and bulk, carry it in a pannier if that sounds better but it's the same idea if the container is leak proof. Of course riding around with 4 liters of gasoline between your legs sounds a little off too, lol.