How Roland helped all of us in AZ

GoldenMotor.com

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
Thanks for that link fairracing-Wow that was really something. I watched all 47 minutes and I must say, that is how government is supposed to work.
If you could, I'd love to have a link to that wise, level headed Mayor or whatever he was that was in charge of that meeting. I'd love to write him to tell him that he is a man that deserves respect and to thank him.
Now if only all you "bikers" could get together and take that Bicycle advisory group over and dump that jerk that was crying the blues it would make my day. That guy was a big jerk!

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
Arizona may be second in kidknappings in the world and second most broke state in the union, but we do get a few things right. Well at least better than most places. I was involved in home schooling when our education laws were written to favor a parents choice in their childrens education. We still have more choices for early and middle education. And we got legal motorized bikes, which I make full use of. Thanks Roland and all yer helpers.

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
Well as an outsider I don't really know these things. From what I saw, and even if it is for my own selfish reasons of wanting these bikes accepted, he did well.
Everyone likes to be thanked so I sent him a short note telling him that I found his link on this site.
Hey Mayor, if you are reading this why don't you join up. We will have you up and running in no time....vroom vroom!

Jobarwo

Mar 30, 2009
Idaho

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Jobar, the 48cc limit seems almost like one of those laws that's impossible to obey and impossible to enforce; a "Catch-22" . The government doesn't have to make something be illegal, it just has to make it impossible to be legal. It seems like that 48cc is lurking over us like a far away dark cloud that we hope stays far away. It's up to us local MBers to keep our noses clean and not bring the heat. :D

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
The 48cc limit is because thats what the federal law is on this type of vehicles. Anything 48cc and under and a speed under 20mph by federal law is not consider a vehicle. And thats what Roland and Tom Prezelski got Arizona to adopt.

Jobarwo

Mar 30, 2009
Idaho
The 48cc limit is because thats what the federal law is on this type of vehicles. Anything 48cc and under and a speed under 20mph by federal law is not consider a vehicle. And thats what Roland and Tom Prezelski got Arizona to adopt.

Oh... There is a FEDERAL law involved? I had no idea. Got a quote of that law?