Phone scammers DIE!

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
Re: Phone scamers DIE!

i also got one down here in the virgin islands, i asked what my ip address was and he didnt know what an ip was

Lungcookie

Aug 15, 2013
Oregon

I hope that's cool to spread these links.
I think that the more aware humans, makes it that much less profitable to these crooks.

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az

I just love the phone scammers I like to have lots of fun with them.

My first bit starts out " OMG I'm so glad you called how do you get blood off
the walls? It's everywhere and I don't know what to do OMG no, no then scream
and hang up the phone" if the cops show up you can file for a copy of complaint
and find out who's calling, if not it's a laugh all away around :)

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn

ring ring, ring ring...
''Hello! Do you have time to talk about our Lord and Infernal Savior Lucifer and his plans for your eternal soul?''
*click*
Works better than any ''Do not call'' list.

Going2Hell

Nov 22, 2013
Victor, Colorado
www.facebook.com

Ha, I run a pirated version of Win 7 Pro and it seems more secure than the OEM... Rule of thumb, if the person on the other end knows less about their line of work than you do; give them someone elses info... LOL

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

I really like it when the robo-call prompts you to "press 1 to speak to a representative". Now I have a real live person who I can call names and insult. And I don't pull punches. Pitty the poor fool who answers because he/she is going to have their day ruined.

"Ever think of getting a real job? You POS!"

"Is this the only kind of work your IQ qualifies you for? You ****bag"

But those are mild compared with the actual language I typically use. Lots of profanity and insults. Probably doesn't reduce the number of calls, but it makes me feel better.

Tom

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

Heck Tom their gonna call you again just for the entertainment.:p

I block every number I get that is lame as fast as I can.

Here is my trick when I need a bag of dog food at the likes of Petsmart, Smiths ''their Mark Of The You Know Card'' or a Internet purchase they can have my 12 year old expired phone number.:)

An old freind called that number once about 4 years ago when he said my name..the voice awnsering on the other end went off on him Big time!rotfl

Last edited:

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA

I just let them talk to the box.

Doesn't even have my voice on it, just the robot voice that came with the box.

The last guy was a realtor that advised me that he had international buyers ready to buy my house tomorrow with cash. I get a lot of those nowadays. How times have changed.

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand

I was plagued for a while by some outfit who was brokering for various international lotteries. I usually just told them that it was against my religious faith to gamble and since I don't believe in usury I don't have a credit card either. Most times that worked fine until one day I struck one saleswoman from the Phillipines who was Muslim and we had the most strange and lengthy discussion on whether or not gambling was something God wanted me to do or not.

Religion isn't something that's supposed to be discussed here on the forum, but I will say that some of the arguments she used in an attempt to persuade me were the most peculiar I've ever heard in a religious discussion of any kind ever.

Now i just say, 'I don't gamble, - goodbye.' Somewhere along the line they must've got the message though because it's been a couple of months since they last phoned.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Anyone know what can be done to get the phone call to end so you can make an out going call on a land line phone. It seems you hang up on the robo call and as much as a minute later it is going through the recording still, if you pick up the phone to make an out going call.

What if an emergency comes up and you can't call out!

Cell as back up?

I might try un-pluging the phone line connector for a moment if that does it next time robo call does this.

MT

ellie

Mar 13, 2014
san francisco
Did you get the caller's phone number? I'm wondering if we got the same caller. I got a call like that, too. I almost fell for it. Good thing I realized about it sooner. hung up even before the scammer had a chance to access my computer.

ellie

Mar 13, 2014
san francisco
I also reported the phone number to Callercenter to warn others. The number that came up on my caller ID was 1234567890. Weird, isn't it? Is there such a phone number?!

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
When I had a land line, I had an actual answering machine.. took standard ausio cassette tapes.. I got bored one day, and recorded all six minutes and four seconds of Pink floyd's "Comfortably Numb" from "The Wall" on to the tape, then spliced on the <beep>..

I left that on there for a long time.. no telemarketers survived the delay. (And one friend of mine cursed me out the first time he left a message 'cause it was going to be stuck in his head all day.. then he switched to calling and putting it on his speakerphone at his desk once in every day or two for a while).

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
LOL, I remember when they used to sell answering machine tapes with recorded voices of celebrities, like John Wayne, JFK, Louie Armstrong, all those with distinctive voices. Those were great.
I made a few too. the Twilight Zone one was my favorite. I did one that said, "Record your message after the beep"...but I never put in the beep.

Tom

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
LOL, I remember when they used to sell answering machine tapes with recorded voices of celebrities, like John Wayne, JFK, Louie Armstrong, all those with distinctive voices. Those were great.
I made a few too. the Twilight Zone one was my favorite. I did one that said, "Record your message after the beep"...but I never put in the beep.

Tom
I remember those tapes... and I love that last bit. (^)