let 48cc idle a long time now wont start

GoldenMotor.com

locell

Jan 16, 2010
mesa
Hi I installed a 48cc grubbe on a 26 inch beach cruiser and it worked great, started right up.

now its not starting

I put maybe 20 or so miles on it riding and wanted to break in the engine, so I had the bright idea of just letting it idle through a tank of gas or so. So last night I let it idle for about 3 hours. I havent really fine tuned it so i achived idle by slightly twisting the throttle and letting it put-put. it was a relativley low idle. It idled for a while then just sputtered out. it did this a few times but I started it back up. the last time it stalled i figured that was enough idle time I left it as is until morning. Now i cant get it to start up. i pedal it up and release the clutch, it all feels correct - engine still spins, has the same amount of resistiance as when it ran, i can twist the throttle and feel/hear the air pump through the engine. I discconected the ground for the kill switch, and tried, nothing. I pulled off the head and the piston and walls looked smooth and clean. the piston moved correctly. I thought maybe i melted my muffler and i took that off and it passes air, not plugged. I put the head back on with the spare head gasket and and used the spare spark plug. still nothing. I tried to checkk the spark and got a very slight shock once. its almost like the spark/gas magic is gone. I did notice a drip of fuel coming out of the tailpipe.

FAQs

it was about 55 degrees out last night

the gas mixture is on the heavy side oil wise

Ideas?:-||