Carb Jets

GoldenMotor.com

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Joe
If they will fit the carb then I think they will work ok the threads size on the jet and the jet dia might be right I don't know just looking at them. You could solder your jet shut and re drill it yourself I use a 0.027 dia drill in a hand held pin vice to drill mine. I use a propane torch and acid flux solder you can use resin core solder as well its pretty easy to do and don't take but a few seconds to do. The jets aren't cheap I see.
Norman

joe-craft

Aug 6, 2008
hi i cant drill or solder them due to the fact that i dont have any drill bits that small, and to get one i have to wait a month for the company to get them in, and the machine shop in my toen only goes down to a #66 drill bit, also it would be cheaper for me to get these in any cause, so either way im stuck. also im getting an email from the dealer about the jets and getting the standard size of them.

joe-craft

Aug 6, 2008
thanks everyone for your help, my jet shipped out this morning so ill probably have them by friday or monday at the lastest. also today im picking up my 3-speed internally geared hub that i found for $30 tax-in. ill have to get it spoked on a rim but ill get that done later down the road.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Some inside info for the micro drills like what I use to drill the jets.
You can get these at some guns and ammo shows look for them at the booths that sell tools for guns they are china made and come in a little red pouch some of them are fine as frogs hair or finer.
For the pin vice which is a hand held finger drill you can maybe get them at the same gun show or at most hobby shops.
Norman

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH
Some inside info for the micro drills like what I use to drill the jets.
You can get these at some guns and ammo shows look for them at the booths that sell tools for guns they are china made and come in a little red pouch some of them are fine as frogs hair or finer.
For the pin vice which is a hand held finger drill you can maybe get them at the same gun show or at most hobby shops.
Norman
What type of chuck do you use to hold them??

the pin vice is the drills chuck you turn the drill by hand it holds the drill in the vices chuck or collect at the bottom of the pin vice there is a finger rest on the top. The knurled sides for a better grip to spin it with your fingers the vice comes apart has various size collects for different size bits.
Norman

there is the pin vice laying on top of the drills. at the top is a jet with the stock size drill bit sticking through it.

Last edited by a moderator:

theycallmebob

Dec 13, 2008
Gainesville, FL
The Jets are the same for both the 70 and 48 engines and are 0.70mm or close.

The 70cc needs a bigger jet for sure. Luckily the jet unscrews from the pin fuel well inside the carby. Even luckier still Dellorto PHBG Main jets are a perfect fit!! and cheap at only $5.

I would try a 0.78mm to 0.80mm or for the 48cc engine and 0.80 - 0.85mm for the 70cc engine. You may have to compensate by raising the clip on the pin.

Very handy that the Chinese engineers thought to match the jets with Dellorto's

Dellorto PHBG Main jets - Google Search
Im not trying to steal this thread but I am trying to determine what size I need to get. Right now I've got my e clip on the richest setting and the plug is still a little on the light side. Based on the above info was gonna try a 0.83mm jet.

Does the 0.83mm correspond to the Dellorto 5mm Pilot Jet #83?

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Sorry - didn't mean that in a bad way. Just in the exclamation way!! Holeybuttpablismo! None of those things should drive you that rich. What oil ratio are you using?

Last edited: