Original 1916 Miami Power Bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

LouieMCman

May 28, 2010
GA
I have a Miami engine minus the mag.I've had since I was in high school when my Uncle gave it to me with some other cycle stuff,some forty years ago. Smurfy
Smurfy, I would be very interested in the serial numbers and some pictures of your Miami. I will add to my database of Miami's and will send you a copy also, thanks.

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
So your the lucky owner of that bike! I seen it on youtube before. And have you ever thought of using those spair motor's in a new build? Would look pretty wicked!

LouieMCman

May 28, 2010
GA
Well now that you mention it....I have thought about building a clone Miami using one of the motors. I was thinking that If I could find an original gas/oil tank it could be a lot easier. Frame should be easy and the forks could be made close but not so complicated. The cool thing is one of the motors was made to be chain drive, and no chain drive Miami's are known to exist. I have original ads for them but have never seen any real pictures or machines. I'm working to repair some other bikes right now but maybe this coming winter??? Thanks for getting me thinking again, it might cost me a year or so of my life once I get started on it!

Attachments

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Your welcome! and I've always wondered, are the clutches on the early chain drives, back on I guess what you would call a jackshaft? That would be a neat set up too!

Oh, and I'm not shure if I'm right but, those spark plugs look like the early harley davidson air cooled ones? My dad has a pair still in the black and orange box, awaiting the completion of the old knuckle head.

Last edited: