helmet anyone?

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I'm in the "no helmet" camp... I wear a baseball cap & glasses for the sun... But I wear a little "skid lid" when riding my Harley. :D

Chris wears a bicycle helmet, (but I've seen him without it a couple of times).

"Dog Town Mike" who owns the Dyno rat rod that I posted a pic of... He wears a "Harley skid lid". (It totally matches the look of the bike!)(c)

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I wear a dot half-shell
not many brain cells still working, so I need to protect them rotfl
(and I don't want to be a brain-dead burden to my daughter and her family...who I live with)
I have found that after wearing it for a while, I feel naked without it...even here in the desert

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Helmet everyone!

Hey Dudes, if I don't reccomend Helmets (DOT shortys) all the time, and one of my customers becomes Brain-Dead, or Really Dead just where in the heck am I? Almost all of my customers become kinda friends, and many become friends. How many of you guys need dead friends?

Even amoung the customers I might not like, consider this, would Harley Davidson kill thier own customers? (and Daymn do they make money, and sometimes friends)

Wear a DOT shorty, stay alive, to nogoodnick, I have one, even tho black, has little vents you open to cool your head!!! I wear it when it's too hot for me here, and it gets over 100 a lot!

Am I being selfish..........well if I am, please join me in this, you cannot have a beer and talk about old times to a dead friend.

CA riders, IT'S THE LAW, don't screw it up for everyone by drawing attention to yourself in a negative way.

I have never known one guy in my whole life that enjoyed riding dead!

Ride Straight,

Mike

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
NoGoodnic, am I to suspect that dead customers are no good for your business also?

And for those non-mechanical customers, conversely, that your demise might leave a lot of dead bikes laying around Michigan?

as always amigo,
Mike

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Dead customers spend no cash, but they don't come back on warranty claims either...

Dead friends don't let other dead friends ride helmetless, they also don't drink all your beer or borrow tools thier wives won't let them buy.

Let those who ride decide.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
The guy in the first one broke his hip, don't think a helmet would have helped much.
The second one needed whole body armor. If you got a drunk ass piece of **** behind the wheel a helmet isn't much help either.

But I hear you, everybody should wear one all the time, so when some idiot rams you at 60 mph with a cell phone in one hand and a Budweiser in the other they can at least have an open casket funeral for you.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I wear a bike helmet for only one reason... Cops who might decide to take and interest and give me a ticket. A ticket is over a hundred bucks, and I can buy a lot of beer for a C note.

How many of you would wear one if it WEREN'T for the law.. Not I said he fat man.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
No it was done to keep things from escalating to where people were fighting...there's no room for that on this forum we are not the "other place" where certain members seem to thrive on arguments and other B.S.

The patriot act if a far worse crimnal thing IMHO. But this thread is about whether you wear a helmet or not.

silvermaker5

Jun 8, 2008
Baldwinsville, NY
After an suv ran me over and all I got was 4 little scraches on my right palm, I got a bike helmet, and then a non-DOT carbon fiber extended half. I realy like it and I don't feel as silly as in the bike helmet. I never where one when just biking.

tylerlough

May 28, 2008
Mishawaka, IN
This is the helmet I use: THH SNELL I bought it for auto racing but I bought a bike motor instead.
I can hide my identity with it, so it's kinda cool.
The face shield is removable so that helps me stay cool.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I have been wearing a half-shell for over a year now
even in 120+, if it's not there, I feel naked :)
I have always had a hard head, but it's not as thick as a concrete curb rotfl

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
I had a consensus once, Had to use choke cleaner to get it started, no that was a Corvairrotfl Anyway I most of the time use a half helmet when riding because only God and dogs know I always hit my head when I crash,always!
I to am guilty of not using a helmet sometimes. But 9 out of 10 have a ball cap on. I wear eyeglasses to see so eye protection is automatic. I did have a board fall out of a pickup on the freeway once and go through the windshield of my Goldwing. I ducked my head and it glanced off of my helmet. If I had not been wearing one I would be plant food now. I strongly recomend wearing one, cause you never know. Later Tramp(c)

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Okay story but I promise I will make it short. When I was with the local pd, I was their picture man so I got called out on a lot of break ins and such. now and then something good came along.

One night I went to the Er to make photos a dead biker. There he was stretched out on the stretcher still in his motor cycle helmet. Seems he had a close encounter with a telephone pole. I am told the bike was fine but he caught the pole on the side of his head not the top. It pulled him from the bike by his head.

When we removed his helmet for the facial id shot, his head rolled to the side and blood ran out his nose and eyes. The rookie cop standing beside me just folded up and went to the floor.

The ER nurses who generally love cops, we had the best donuts, rushed in to attend him. I realized how unfeeling I had become because I made pictures of the corpse then of him. Too bad cops don't make more money I could have blackmailed him.

Moral I guess is wear your helmet but still be careful crap happens in the best of families.

Status
Not open for further replies.