Engine won't turn over when clutch engaged.

GoldenMotor.com

impression

Feb 26, 2009
Syadney,Australia
So, i got my sbp shift kit installed and everything installed ( with normal exhauststill waiting on sbp exhaust )

But when in let go of the handle to engage the clutch it's impossiblew to turn over, with or without the spark plug installed it's so hard to turn the piston over my moving the bike forwars/backwars or pedalling, i can't get it to turn over when riding

Does anyone have any ideas ?

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
im having a similar problem...i can get mine to start still but it takes dropping the clutch a few times...so far ive pulled the clutch apart and i found that the friction materials are peeling apart...does anyone know of a better clutch than the oem one...that clutch has only gone about 5000 miles...during this winter i want to get a new carb,exhaust and a 36 tooth gear...i like to go fast...i just dont feel that the clutch will handle my plans...

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
If I remember right other people have said there is a different starting procedure for SBP shift kits. You have to dump the clutch when you're leg is at the top of a power stroke and basically kick start the motor over.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I haven't used a shift kit on any of my bikes so I won't be much help with your problems with them you might want to contact the seller of your kit for help.
Norman