going case inducted!!!

GoldenMotor.com

mech_engineer

Mar 3, 2014
Puerto Rico
the project is on hold the guy who is making the intake manifold for the case inducted is missing in action and the guy that have the crank for balancing dont make any work at all and he is returning me the parts today, plus i loose my job last week :(. I hope to finish the bicycle before summer.

Last edited:

sub66

Apr 25, 2014
canada
i am finishing my ignition that i made for alky. adj from 45- 20 degrees kinda thing. be a little while. im using the white wire to charge my lighting pack for all night cruises. it makes me happy to own a generator that goes 40 mph lol.

good job w the analog ignition but i prefer methanol blended fuel anyway. i dont see a problem w the chinese cdi. fuel maybe must be better in china??????? anyone???

mech_engineer

Mar 3, 2014
Puerto Rico
The ignition increase or limit the rpm (resistor)and advance or retard timing (capacitor) change the amplitude and the frequency of the ignition wave.

The college is getting hard right now... but now i have time for the forum and college : )

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Man, sorry to hear about your bad luck Mech... I was hoping to see what the black box could do but I guess we gotta wait for now... Same thing happened to me last month I got laid off from Boeing after giving them 15 years, but I'll be opening up shop for myself using the severance package they gave me to fund it... soon hopefully.

Just don't let all this get you down, things can only get better...

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
That's cool... Sounds like your ignition box will work out well too...
that Rocket CID I bought didn't pan out too well for me so I got the stock box back on mine until I can either make my own or get a Lightning unit, i may be able to modify and fix the Rocket one but I'm more concearned with just riding it and breaking in the engine right now.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Nice... There's ALWAYS work in the aviation industry... I could easily be working now but I'm trying to go into a different direction and do my own thing.

Yeah I want to hear about how well the new CDI works once you get it tested

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Dave, what was your verdict on the rocket CDI, I havn't tried mine yet, just got some more board and a box, was planning on modifying it for adjustment.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
So far mine isn't firing consistantly so I need to take a look at it and check the wiring and solder connections, the bike didn't even try to start with it installed then fired up on the first pull when I temp installed the stock unit back on.
Later on I did test it for fire and it did fire intermittantly so that leads me to think there's a bad solder connection or loose wire somewhere. The bad part is that I sealed this thing up good with rtv and heat shrink to prevent water intrusion ni case I got caught in the rain or hit a puddle etc so now I gotta Carefully un seal it so I can find the problem.
I really can't say the unit is no good until I take it back apart and see what exactly went wrong, but I did notice some of the resistors were 1/4 watt size where they should have been larger so there may be a chance a resistor burned. I did take several high res pictures of the circuit board from every angle possible before sealing it just in case it needs to be replicated, but the circuitry looks a LOT like the "roll your own cdi" thread plans.
Right now I say it should work but I can't give an honest or fair evaluation on it until I get it running.