whats wrong... pls help...

GoldenMotor.com

virtuoso

Dec 21, 2014
dayton,oh
My engine sounds funny lots of high vibes and I noticed the loss of power... It still idles, and gets up but on high end I have no power and it whines lil it just wont got I know its not gas I have re adjusted the carb over n over... Changed plugs done it all... Is it blown engine head gasket or what ... Pls help guys, first build... I'm a newbie but very mechanical... KC WHERE ARE U WHEN I NEED U!!!!! god guys I just wanna cry... This is my baby!:-||

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
My engine sounds funny lots of high vibes and I noticed the loss of power... It still idles, and gets up but on high end I have no power and it whines lil it just wont got I know its not gas I have re adjusted the carb over n over... Changed plugs done it all... Is it blown engine head gasket or what ... Pls help guys, first build... I'm a newbie but very mechanical... KC WHERE ARE U WHEN I NEED U!!!!! god guys I just wanna cry... This is my baby!:-||
Hey bro, it'll be alright, I'm sure KC will be along soon. In the meantime, I'll give it my best.
I don't know what ya mean by "high vibes" You didn't say how old the engine was. When was the last time you checked the head nuts? A leaky head would probably make it hard to start also. So first check yer head and get back to us. KC might even be here by then. 2door and mapbike are pretty good too. A blown head gasket WILL make it sound real funny with power loss.
fatdaddy.usflg

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
How long is your intake-plenum? If it's long, and the carb is vibrating too much, the fuel in the carb-bowl might be frothing up, and not getting delivered properly at high-RPMs.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
A loud 'whistling' sound is from a bad head gasket.

Take off the head & see if there's any signs of a leak.
Or it could sound like a fast SPUT, SPUT, SPUT, But a bad head gasket would be my first guess too. Sometimes you get lucky and you can just tighten up the head. But I would take a good look at the head gasket anyway.
fatdaddy.usflg

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
How long is your intake-plenum? If it's long, and the carb is vibrating too much, the fuel in the carb-bowl might be frothing up, and not getting delivered properly at high-RPMs.
The guy's a noob so I'm gonna assume he has a stock intake. And while it CAN happen. Fuel frothing THAT MUCH is a really rare occurrence. WIth the information provided ya gotta assume its a head gasket.
fatdaddy.usflg

virtuoso

Dec 21, 2014
dayton,oh
Ok guys pulled off the the head... And I cried! Pistons fried... Head gasket was bad it was the culprit... Very low compression... What to do now fellas!... I'm heart broken... Flying horse just about 500 miles on it...

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Fuel frothing THAT MUCH is a really rare occurrence.
True; although I JUST replaced a cracked frame, and I hadda use an offset plenum on the new one until I got an excellent CNCed shorty. There were distinct portions of my high-speed commute where frothing DEFINITELY was the problem.

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Ok guys pulled off the the head... And I cried! Pistons fried... Head gasket was bad it was the culprit... Very low compression... What to do now fellas!... I'm heart broken... Flying horse just about 500 miles on it...
Define "fried". Is there a hole in it? Did you blow out your rings? Is there garbage in the combustion-chamber? How about pics? Don't freak-out; these are really easy and cheap to repair.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
DANG, Sorry to hear that bro. What's the cylinder look like? A piston,rings and head gasket aint too expensive. If the cylinder wall aint fubare'd then you saved $20 or so. Check the wristpin and bearing and they might, only maybe, be reusable. Try to get us a pic of the damage and we can assess it better. A top end rebuild is not very hard at all. you can get a top end rebuild kit like this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/47mm-80CC-G...K19-/231185871512?hash=item35d3c07298&vxp=mtr
OR you can get each piece separately so you get ONLY what you need.
fatdaddy.usflg

virtuoso

Dec 21, 2014
dayton,oh
I'm going to take a pic today.... But I've decided to order a new engine (black) and rebuild this one on a later date and have it for another build... Venice, ugot a good deal on just the motor... Thanks for all ur replys guys... I love this forum!

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Good choice. I highly recommend dismantling the new engine completely and reassemble it (obviously). It'll assure it's in good condition, and you'll get valuable engine knowledge.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Good choice. I highly recommend dismantling the new engine completely and reassemble it (obviously). It'll assure it's in good condition, and you'll get valuable engine knowledge.
YER RIGHT Kioshk, if yer gonna run a China Girl, You should be able to fix it. taking it apart, getting it back together and RUNNING is the best way to learn.
fatdaddy.usflg

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I agree too... these engines are simple and real easy to learn on.. you should be able to do a top end rebuild in about an hour or less with new parts and these things are great to learn on since they're so simple with inexpensive parts...

virtuoso

Dec 21, 2014
dayton,oh
I've done many rebuilds and overhauls on cars... These are simple and easy... I'm just heartbroken cus I don't get paid till next week and I just received my MM sprocket adapter, spring chain tensioner and dllorto clone I'm so bummed... Didn't feel like fuxin with I yesterday I might today... Thanks fatdaddy and kioshk u guys made me feel better about the situation...

virtuoso

Dec 21, 2014
dayton,oh
New update: Just got validation from the wife to go ahead an purchase all I need and she will pay for it... **** yea.... I actually teared up and she felt bad... So anyone got any advice for me that is a necessity to have to keep it running long and strong! Thanks guys!

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Dude, I think I love your wife,LOL I always run a little heavy on the oil, especially for break in. even after, I like to be real sure its getting enough lube.
Too much oil wont kill an engine, To little will kill it quick.
fatdaddy.usflg