Whizzer 99

GoldenMotor.com

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Nice looking stuff Ray... Cincinnati approves
Tell him I said Thanks Buddy!

Yesterday I went for short spin on the whizzer, whittier/la habra down Beach (hwy 39) I'm in the middle lane just crossing la habra blvd, when a car in the right lane cuts me off. I didn't have time to brake, so I layed the bike down to my left and slid for about 15ft. Didn't let the bike go, got up as fast as I could then went to the side of the road to see how bad the bike looked,just some road-rash to the pedal. My left leg foot took some road-rash too.
It started first crank, I rode for few more miles making sure no real damage was done, then went home.
I'm sore but OK.

Ray

Attachments

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Cars just refuse to see bikes sometimes....I'm glad you're not hurt worse... Bike can be fixed

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
human flesh does not take to grinding at all. and your a.c.l./m.c.l. damage takes at least 6 months to heal after surgery. get yourself a heavy duty knee brace that allows no side movement. aint getting old great bro? dennis

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Helment cams are a wonderful tool for prosecuting idiot drivers. When it hits them in the pocket they'll start looking then. Glad you and the bike are OK.

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
human flesh does not take to grinding at all. and your a.c.l./m.c.l. damage takes at least 6 months to heal after surgery. get yourself a heavy duty knee brace that allows no side movement. aint getting old great bro? dennis
Thanks Dennis, got the brace too!
Hope it doesn't happen again!

I am also using a Thai boxing liniment for the sprain and bruising.

Ray

Patchy

Aug 12, 2014
California
I'm really happy to see that both you and the bike made it out of that pretty much okay, hope the knee/whatever feels better!

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Good recovery Ray. Glad you didn't get hurt worse. A 55 year old man was killed yesterday riding his motorized bicycle down Bolsa Chica. Some drunk in a Mercedes. It's not going to stop us from enjoying our rides, but I'll be really careful.

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Good recovery Ray. Glad you didn't get hurt worse. A 55 year old man was killed yesterday riding his motorized bicycle down Bolsa Chica. Some drunk in a Mercedes. It's not going to stop us from enjoying our rides, but I'll be really careful.
Dale, my apologies.
Bolsa Chica is Valley View st up here at my end and has been a pretty good street. just like Magnolia.
I've put my orange vest back on to make myself more visable, and hope not to have that happen again.

Dale, Thanks again for your Kindness.

Ray