gear box HELP

GoldenMotor.com

lasvegasazguy

May 26, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Well I sure wish they would get the belt drive in stock. I never had problems with that. Anyways I have what I have came to learn as the "hoot" gear box. Well it broke. No surprise there. So I took it apart. Gears all looked good. What broke was the housing that goes over the clutch that has the initial drive gear on it. It cracked and then I assume the clutch pressing against it made it push out and split more. Anyways it doesnt work. There is an allen screw what looks like holding the gear and the housing in place. Well I can not figure out how to get that off as when I try to turn it the thing just spins around clutch. The only thing I can think of to get that off is to stick a screwdriver in one of the holes to brace it up against the clutch, but I do not want to cause anymore damage. I have a new gear box on the way, as this happened at like 2300 on my way to work, so I just ordered a new gear box. Hopefully it comes with all the pieces I need. Any help would be appreciated. Even if I am completely not doing what should be done PLEASE point me in the right direction. Also if anyone has a belt drive transmission for sale I would so like to buy one.

Thanks,
T.flg.