The California Kid

GoldenMotor.com

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Hey Walter, how's that exhaust holding up?

I tried this on my new build. First, I can't get the connection sealed very well. I keep gooping on the muffler repair putty. Second I also have the problem of oil seeping out. (running oily and rich for break in). Made a nice curve, but I don't know about this....maybe painting your pipe kind of sealed it or something?

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
Hey Walter, how's that exhaust holding up?

I tried this on my new build. First, I can't get the connection sealed very well. I keep gooping on the muffler repair putty. Second I also have the problem of oil seeping out. (running oily and rich for break in). Made a nice curve, but I don't know about this....maybe painting your pipe kind of sealed it or something?
I have not had this problem but I think I am going to wrap the pipe in heat tape on the new version of "The Kid"- You might try this or a spring type arrangement , like on dirt bike expansion chambers.

Come on a little oil and gas smell is part of the whole MB schemer??????? Happy New Year Walter F.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Come on a little oil and gas smell is part of the whole MB schemer??????? Happy New Year Walter F.
heh, not when you use the MB to get to and from work :)

I need to find a better solution, cause this isn't going to fly...don't want to be dripping oil when I park.