Eyeglass Goggles

GoldenMotor.com

GEJoe

Mar 30, 2011
Tennessee
As an eyeglass wearer, I have always been irritated at how little there is out there for us visually challenged. For sunglasses, I have found that WalMart has very good clipons in the fishing department for seeing the fish through the water glare. When I started riding my Golden Eagle six years ago, I came up with a very cheap and workable way to turn ordinary eyeglasses into goggles that keep the bugs, debris, and wind out of the eyes, and it has served me well all those years. All it requires is 1/8 inch foam, clear plastic (shrink wrap used for products works well), scissors, and a hole punch capable of making 1/4 inch holes. The foam is put over the bridge of the nose so that it wedges into the bridge area above the eyeglasses. Punch holes for the eyeglass pads (wireframe type glasses work best) and cut a notch to slip them around the metal nosepad mounts. This keeps wind and debris from reaching the eyes in the center of the glasses. Then you cut the clear plastic to make side shields, and again use the hole punch to make three evenly space holes along the top of the side shields. Slide off the plastic earpieces off and slide the side shields in, alternating the holes as you go. Slide the earpieces back on and you have glasses that protect the eyes and are cool (literally), too.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I have a friend who had a severe eye injury in an industrial accident (aerosol can exploded) The docs gave him glasses to wear after the surgery for when he came back to work. They had a design much like what you are describing. They had a foam/padded edging which fit against the face and would keep out airborn dust/liquids etc. After he was healed he continued to wear those perscription goggles/safety glasses when working and still wears them when he rides his Harley. I'm sure yours are much less expensive than his.
Tom