Oil drain kit for Hua Sheng engine?

GoldenMotor.com

jon.karak

Apr 7, 2011
U.S.A.
Is there a commercially available kit that I can install on my Hua Sheng F142 engine so I can drain the oil without having to remove the engine from the bicycle?

I'm tempted to just visit my local service station and have them suck it out on a scheduled basis, and let them deal with disposal and refilling. But I figure its probably a good idea for me to get familiar with my own engine. Something tells me that the parts would cost less than one visit to Jiffy Lube.

I've seen elsewhere on this forum that it can be made with "...a nipple, some line for nipple, and a petcock from the hardware store and make an easy remote oil drain." Unfortunately I'm not so confident I could identify these parts, much less select the right ones.

Has someone actually bought or fabricated something like this? What was your experience?

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
There is a drain hose made by Drainzit that will fit the HS engine.Drainzit #1010...Google shopping has them.

jon.karak

Apr 7, 2011
U.S.A.
I think this is the thing I'm looking for, but 14-inches seems a bit long. I want to make sure the hose doesn't go flopping around and get caught in a sprocket. I'd also rather not waste any more fuel economy than I need to by carrying around extra weight, but I guess whatever I use needs the capacity to tolerate the oil pressure.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I seriously doubt lugging around 1-2grams of hose is going to affect your fuel economy much (or at all). Not much oil pressure to worry about either as the crankcase is vented. There is no oil pump, these engines rely on splash lubrication.

dnut

I think this is the thing I'm looking for, but 14-inches seems a bit long. I want to make sure the hose doesn't go flopping around and get caught in a sprocket. I'd also rather not waste any more fuel economy than I need to by carrying around extra weight, but I guess whatever I use needs the capacity to tolerate the oil pressure.

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
There is a drain hose made by Drainzit that will fit the HS engine.Drainzit #1010...Google shopping has them.
Have looked at this previously...but no dealer could tell me which size the drain plug was and if it would fit without dealing with reducing/enlarging adapters...so I didn't bother with it. Does this #1010 work out of the package?

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Have looked at this previously...but no dealer could tell me which size the drain plug was and if it would fit without dealing with reducing/enlarging adapters...so I didn't bother with it. Does this #1010 work out of the package?
I'm not positive, but I think that is the correct size iirc. I know the hex plug is 10mm, not sure of the thread size. Someone should chime in on this.

dnut

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I'm not positive, but I think that is the correct size iirc. I know the hex plug is 10mm, not sure of the thread size. Someone should chime in on this.

dnut
Had to get a siphon pump for the lawnmowers today at Harbor Freight to keep them running better than in years past to keep the oil in them changed every month. The only thing I need now is to adapt the Shake Weight for pumping out gas & oil. This way...won't look so stupid or perverted using it in public.;)

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Yes it hooks right up.

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Yes it hooks right up.
Just got out there about 2 hours ago & did my 2nd oil change on it. Ended up using a siphon pump I got last night from Harbor Freight to get most of the oil out of the case. Then took the drain plug out...putting a cloth around the hole to catch whatever oil would drain out and to keep garbage from getting in there. Ended up going to Lowe's to see if I could get a 10 mm tube to put in the hole. No such go...but found the plug was a 10 mm wide thread bolt. Am going to wait till payday next month to pick up the #1010 to hook up to it. Got it waiting on my "Wish List" on Amazon's.

Thanx so much for letting us know that part number will hook up without doing anything else other than screwing it in.

BTW...the oil was as black as night when it came out after about 10 1/2 hours of use. Was surprised by the look of it since it looked like it had 3000 to 5000 miles of use...rather than 160. Is this normal?

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Easiest solution is to use a pump and suck out the old oil.
Used it today to get the bulk of the oil out of there...but it did leave a bit which drained out on a cloth while I was running around town looking for a 10 mm tube extension to use so that I could hook up some gas line or other type of line to drain into a soda bottle.

Once I get the #1010...won't even bother with a pump. Will drain it into a soda bottle.

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
i have a nice air compressor powered oil extraction device. I recently used it to change the oil on my lawmower, my 3kw generator, my trike, my pressure washer, and my 20 year old convertible.

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
phoobarn, let us know once you have the drainzit kit installed, and you've had the opportunity to think of some feedback. I'd love to see pics of it in action.
Plan on it...after I get my little girl a shower with the white walls cleaned up. It's like the large girl at the prom...gotta make sure she looks like a knock out to look good for the camera. Only in this instance...the camera won't add on between 10-100 Lbs.;)

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
If ya take the drain plug to Lowe's or something, you could easily make your own remote drain. I mean, all it takes is replace the drain plug with a nipple , some hose, and a petcock. It's an in n out procedure. Lowe's has all that stuff for under $10.

Don't overthink it! :D

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
If ya take the drain plug to Lowe's or something, you could easily make your own remote drain. I mean, all it takes is replace the drain plug with a nipple , some hose, and a petcock. It's an in n out procedure. Lowe's has all that stuff for under $10.

Don't overthink it! :D
Tried that on Saturday...but with the caliber of employee at Lowe's (like Sears 20 years ago when the employees would go hide to keep from helping you) around here...it would be amazing to find a bolt with a 9/16 head on it. They had nothing metric and a plumbing supply had only SAE fittings and such. Home Depot was even worse than going to a grocery store to look for hardware.

Since Idaho is 20-50 years behind the rest of the US...I'll be able to get what I need in 2060 at the earliest. Love the climate...most of the people...but hate how many conservative religious types here try to keep things in the 16th century.

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Just got the #1010 in the mail today and got it installed without any problems at all. Took a 13 mm wrench to tighten it down...then drained the crankcase into a soda bottle in less than 3 minutes. After this...refilled the crankcase to the line and was back on the road in less than 20 minutes total. That included popping the top of my beverage and unlocking my pride-n-joy.

After the rain goes away in the next 4 days...will be cleaning the white walls and giving her a decent shower...then the pix will be coming.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Just got the #1010 in the mail today and got it installed without any problems at all. Took a 13 mm wrench to tighten it down...then drained the crankcase into a soda bottle in less than 3 minutes. After this...refilled the crankcase to the line and was back on the road in less than 20 minutes total. That included popping the top of my beverage and unlocking my pride-n-joy.

After the rain goes away in the next 4 days...will be cleaning the white walls and giving her a decent shower...then the pix will be coming.
Glad you like! I like it to but my shift kit is in the way to leave it on permently.As soon as I get a chance to find a 90 degree fitting I wiil be able to leave it on the bike .But for now I just hook it up when I need it.

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Glad you like! I like it to but my shift kit is in the way to leave it on permently.As soon as I get a chance to find a 90 degree fitting I wiil be able to leave it on the bike .But for now I just hook it up when I need it.
Tried to find fittings locally...but no one had any metric sizes.

Living in the time warp called Idaho...I have 4 TV channels...leisure suits just came into fashion and they have this new music called disco coming into style.